Beaconsfield Parade bridge works Glenrowan
Between 1 and 22 December 2023, construction of the new Beaconsfield Parade bridge in Glenrowan will continue.
The work site will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we carry out these works.
Work being done
McConnell Dowell will continue constructing the new Beaconsfield Parade bridge in Glenrowan during December.
Works include relocating sewer services, the ongoing construction of the bridge retaining walls located at either end of the bridge and installation of the remaining bridge spans.
Bridge barriers and anti-throw screens will continue to be installed.
Construction of the new section of Woolshed Road will begin.
What can I expect
- Construction noise during the day
- Heavy machinery and equipment operating onsite
- Delivery of materials and equipment
- Trucks and other vehicles entering and exiting the construction site may cause minor traffic delays
- Beaconsfield Parade bridge reduced to one lane with traffic lights and speed reduction to manage traffic flow
- Beaconsfield Parade closed between Siege Street and Church Street, including the footpath with a pedestrian detour in place
- Limited access to the northern end of Woolshed Road other than to local businesses and residents.
- Trucks, cranes, excavators, concrete trucks and pumps, loaders and light vehicles
How we’re managing impacts
- Water carts will be onsite to wet down areas to assist in managing dust
- Traffic controls will be in place, where required, including Variable Message Signage (VMS) boards
- Live monitoring of noise, dust and vibration
- Pedestrian crossing lights have been installed on the corner of Siege Street and Beaconsfield Parade to allow safe crossing of the road
Phone: 1800 929 244
The Glenrowan shopfront will close from 4 December 2023. More information on engagement locations will be provided in the new year.
December 6, 2023
Important – Fire ant emergency order
In late November, the NSW Department of Primary Industries confirmed the detection of three red imported fire ant nests in South Murwillumbah in north-eastern New South Wales, 13km south of the Queensland border.
November 30, 2023
Site investigations at Daroobalgie
Between 4 and 22 December 2023, work crews will excavate test pits for future under rail bores and conduct potholing investigations to locate existing utility services.
- 04 December 2023 - 22 December 2023
- Within the existing rail corridor near Daroobalgie Road and Hoopers Road