Work being done
The works will involve construction of temporary road access from the Newell Highway to the bridge. Demolition will include removal of the existing bridge structure and concrete components. The bridge replacement will commence following demolition.
Trucks and other vehicles will enter and exit the construction site via the Newell Highway, south of Gurley Creek Bridge.
What to expect
- Trucks and other vehicles will enter and exit the construction site via the Newell Highway, south of Gurley Creek Bridge
- Construction machinery and equipment operating on site
- Delivery of materials and equipment
- Motorists should follow traffic controls and drive with caution
- There may be some noise associated with these works
Trucks, cranes, graders, excavators, loaders, rollers and water / vacuum excavation trucks will be used within the construction impact zone.
How we’re managing impacts
- Traffic control will be in place, where required.
- Water carts will be on site to wet down areas to assist in managing dust.
Phone: 1800 732 761
Post: Inland Rail, GPO Box 14, Sydney NSW 2001
- Gurley Creek Bridge (in blue)
- Bridge replacement area (in red)
- Construction impact zone (in purple)
July 30, 2021
Moree Suns kick fundraising goals
To celebrate NAIDOC week, the Moree Suns AFL club debuted commemorative Indigenous-designed guernseys, funded through the Inland Rail Community Sponsorships and Donations program.
July 30, 2021
Meet the team – Joel Johnston
Joel Johnston recently joined the team as Social Performance Advisor for the three projects in southern NSW.