2 Business Analysts. source data, analyse, present key information, model business processes and identifies opportunities for business improvement.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
Inland Rail PMO team has 2 Business Analysts positions available.
Reporting to the Program Reporting Lead, the primary objective of the Inland Rail PMO Business Analyst is to source data, undertake analysis, synthesise findings and present information to key stakeholders both within the PMO and the wider ARTC Inland Rail organisation so that management may make informed and timely decisions.
This will largely be achieved through effective development and management of stakeholder relationships and through the development of documentations and analysis that will meet business requirements.
Key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Gathering, validating and documenting business needs / problems and translating data into information that can inform proactive decision making;
- Analysing program data, including project cost and schedule data such as operating plans, budgets and forecasts; and presenting insights and recommendations to management and stakeholders;
- Modelling business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements;
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts;
- Simplifying information and deciphering layered, integrated and complex processes so that this easily understood and communicated;
- Supporting business transition and helping to implement business change; and,
- Develop relationships across the Inland Rail organisation to facilitate open and transparent communication of data and data insights, business improvement activities and implementation activities.
This role supports business initiatives across the wider PMO team and works at Program level. The incumbents will communicate with various audiences and will be able to adapt quickly. The PMO team uses Agile principles and the latest technologies.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Approximately 5 years' experience in a similar role / industry;
- Experience of working on complex projects and transformation programs involving broad-based business change;
- Experience of facilitating workshops with the business, utilising a variety of business analysis techniques;
- Experience of working closely with business leaders to support effective business analysis improvement activities;
- Understanding of service delivery related key performance indicators;
- Sound understanding of Project Controls (Cost, Schedule and Risk);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Proficient in using Microsoft O365 suite (Word, Excel (advanced user), Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio);
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and deadlines; and,
- Self-motivated, conscientious and adaptable with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and proud to have over 40% female representation
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states; we embrace a flexible working environment across the business.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program | Be part of a PMO and make
- Brisbane, QLD
- Permanent Role
Date posted: November 24, 2021