Provide high quality communications advice, support & tactical implementation across all genres & channels both print & digital for Inland Rail.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1.700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
As we work towards building Australia’s freight future, and rapidly move from a planning and approvals program to a delivery-based organisation, there is a requirement to build a more expansive external program-wide communication strategy to ensure Inland Rail continues to demonstrate progress and realisation of benefits.
To achieve this aim, we have opened an opportunity for a Communication Advisor to provide assistance for the design, development and implementation of an external and program-wide communications plan that will enable a consistent, focused and proactive approach.
The role of Communications Advisor is to provide high-quality support to the Communications Manager to develop and implement a program-wide communications strategy that will enable the effective planning and implementation of internal and external communications initiatives and activities with Program-wide impacts.
Key responsibilities will include and are not limited to;
- Develop the content for internal and external advocacy campaigns and activities to build visibility, trust, and credibility among those stakeholders who can influence Inland Rail’s success
- Collaborate across the Inland Rail Planning, Communications, and Stakeholder Engagement Function to ensure alignment for all program-wide communications activities
- Develop internal communication calendar and content to communicate Program milestones and outcomes for an internal audience,
- Develop external communications collateral (case studies, brochures, flyers, news stories, Industry newsletters, infographics, etc) to support the program-wide strategy.
This role is perfect for someone who is a creative thinker and problem solver and has proven experience working in technical environments, ideally infrastructure, delivering high-quality communication services.
You understand current online engagement concepts, strategy, and best practices and are able to demonstrate your expertise in developing and maintaining online communication tools including social media platforms, e-newsletters, websites, intranet, and the use of social collaboration tools. You will also be able to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in a Communications, Arts, or Graphic Design) and/or proven experience in public relations or corporate communication role.
- Experience in the delivery of superior customer service – acting as an in-house consultant with the responsibility to deliver a range of projects on time and on the budget for (at times) competing internal clients.
- Expertise in managing external contractors to produce superior results.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills and negotiating abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the end-to-end production of communications.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High-level skills in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, and e-news design and distribution platforms.
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward a same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviors of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 24 Month Fixed-Term Opportunity
Date posted: April 7, 2021