Work on a large Digital Engagement Strategy which will bring your career to the next level. Small knit team giving you room to grow
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. Find out more about our project on our website: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the position
Digital Engagement is critical to the success of Inland Rail. Inland Rail engages with a wide variety of audiences and the digital strategy is one of the key enabler for our Stakeholders Engagement Strategies. The Digital Engagement Advisor performs a critical role in managing and maintaining Inland Rail’s public-facing digital platforms. The role works in close collaboration with the Communications and Stakeholder Relations team to plan, create, publish and maintain digital content and tools across the Inland Rail website, interactive project maps and other digital platforms, with up to 30 website changes to action per week.
The Digital Engagement Advisor is responsible for analysing audience behaviour, identifying opportunities to improve digital reach and ensuring digital content is fresh and engaging, and meets all governance requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the day-to-day activity and maintenance of the Inland Rail website
- Working closely with our broader team to plan, create, edit and publish digital content and tools
- Analysing website and interactive map traffic and audience engagement and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Monitoring, optimising and championing the accessibility of digital content
- Developing and updating interactive digital project maps
- Developing training material and facilitating training to support digital initiatives and tools
This role is perfect for someone with a strong background in digital communications who can write quality web content and present content digitally in a manner that engages audiences and builds awareness and support for Inland Rail.
We are looking for self-motivated person with a positive attitude, a keen eye for detail and the experience to identify user experience improvements across our digital platforms. A self-strater who will work in a close knit-team and will get opportunity to grow in the role and exercise their creativity.
The role requires strong technical skills for responsibilities such as establishing and maintaining robust web analytics, developing interactive content for website and maps, and troubleshooting digital issues.
You will also be able to demonstrate
- Tertiary qualifications in digital communications, new media, marketing or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing quality web content
- Understanding of user behaviour and UX/UI principles
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, with a capacity to respond to and juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Hands-on experience with WordPress content management system
- Working knowledge of digital media and digital technologies to support engagement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing training material and conducting training
- Experience using website analytics tools
- A keen eye for detail
What you’ll be joining
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Inland Rail is an agile working environment in our state-of-the art office embracing flexible working
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program | Critical Activities
- Permanent position
Date posted: September 6, 2021