Pivotal role ensuring the effective business processes and systems to support the delivery of Digital Engineering across the delivery of the Inland Ra
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au
About the Position
Our Digital Engineering team is growing to support the next phase of the Inland Rail program. Aligned to the Program vision the team is focused on advancing Digital Engineering through a coordinated approach, delivering a productivity and efficiency across the project by embracing innovation with current and emerging technologies and processes.
The Digital Engineering Specialist ensures the effective business processes and systems to support the delivery of Digital Engineering across the delivery of the Inland Rail Program. They will provide sound, efficient and timely advice, support and training on the digital engineering aspects of the Inland Rail (IR) Program with a focus on integrated CAD and BIM delivery.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Being the custodian of the Design and Documentation Manual (CAD) and contributor to the Digital Engineering Employer Requirements (BIM), support the implementation, management and successful delivery of digital engineering, encompassing BIM, GIS, Survey and Digital Design through all project phases
- Acting as the practical interface between Inland Rail project teams, technical advisors and service providers with a focus on enabling the Inland Rail Program to maximise benefits of digital engineering through all project phases
- Develop the definition and implementation of the data quality process aligned to the information and digital engineering management plan, including contractual obligations, for deliverables review, acceptance and handover
To ensure your success in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Digital Engineering delivery across CAD, BIM and Information Management
- Applicants should have experience in the implementation of and management of digital engineering and information management within multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects
- Possess a sound technical and commercial understanding of digital engineering and working knowledge of design tools with the technical expertise to manage and support the Inland Rail project teams and interface with the Service Providers
- Sound professional knowledge and demonstrated experience in identifying requirements for and management of digital data for infrastructure projects
- Proven high level interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively, resolve complex issues and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external to Inland Rail and ARTC
What you’ll be joining
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination certificate or medical exemption prior to securing this role.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Full-time Permanent role
Date posted: December 24, 2021