Set up DOORS and connect with wider project teams to educate and update tool. Maintain the data integrity in the System and conduct change management.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
The Engineering team has 2 new roles open for DOORS Next Generation (NG) Administrators.
Reporting to the Program Requirements & Assurance Manager, the DOORS NG Administrator will be responsible for the overall configuration and day to day management of the Inland Rail requirements management tool – Doors NG for the nominated project(s). This includes all aspects of the tool set up as and the use of tool to conduct the change management of requirements baselines, verification and validation of the requirements, system safety logs and the management of these in accordance with the engineering framework.
This role will drive all administration and robustness of the tool such that projects are able to utilise the tool and make customised approach to the tool functionality and make sure the efficient and productive operation and maintenance for the project allocated environment within the tool. This position works closely and efficiently with the Systems Engineers to perform the traceability of requirements and assurance management of the projects in accordance with Inland Rail frameworks. This role would also be the first point of contact for any interaction with the tool by internal or external parties including contractors.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Performance of engineering requirements and systems assurance for assigned projects in DOORS NG tool;
- Performance of Verification and Validation activities of all requirements assigned to the project/s in DOORS NG;
- Ensure all requirements are linked and traceability is applied at all times;
- Creating training materials (such as manuals, process flow charts) and providing training to the new and existing users as required;
- Manage the efficient use of DOORS NG by all personnel (ARTC, contractors and Inland Rail) inside the tool for assigned project/s;
- Manage the licencing of the tool and ensure there is not usage overage;
- Ensure collaborative working relationships within IR Program, ARTC and other stakeholders;
- Facilitate the performance of all requirements and assurance change management process in DOORS NG and ensure the workflow is completed in a timely manner;
- Liaise with IBM Business Partner to ensure technical issues are resolved as soon as possible and report any abnormalities;
- Provide input to the creation of new and updating of existing DOORS related documents and processes to ensure ongoing improvement of the tool is achieved in IR Program; and,
- Facilitate the DOORS NG performance assessments, investigations, and audit reviews to monitor the peak performance and value for money of the DOORS NG tool.
This role will develop key relationships across the program and specifically with Project Managers and System Engineers to provide sound and accurate advice.
To ensure your success in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of working in IBM Rational environment including DOORS NG, ideally on infrastructure (rail, road) related projects;
- Understanding of Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) set of integrated applications within the IBM Rational environment;
- Experience in using other system engineering management software-based tools (such as project management, document control, asset management and quality control systems) on projects will be highly regarded;
- Conceptual appreciation requirements management principles, traceability and verification and validation concepts;
- Conceptual appreciation of systems engineering principles including assurance, requirements and verification and validation in design and construction environments;
- Knowledge of performing the change management and working with IBM requirements engineering Workflow Management;
- Ability to facilitate workshops for assurance or requirements related topics;
- High level conceptual and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyse requirements issues, and generate creative solutions to deal with organisational problems and opportunities;
- Ability to build and sustain relationships, obtain cooperation and develop collaborative working relationships; and,
- High level of interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
What is on Offer
You will join the largest Rail Infrastructure Program ever built in Australia at a time where the overall project is entering a fast-paced delivery mode
Inland Rail has a strong commitment to provide social value across the program and you will get to work with local businesses who provide jobs in rural area including various indigenous business.
Challenging status quo in the industry Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation across the program and we would like to see these numbers grow thanks to you
The role is a permanent role enabling you to see the completion of the project. Your contribution will enable ARTC to deliver a highly digitally advanced engineering project that will set up standards for the rail industry across Australia.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
Inland Rail will transform how we move goods around Australia – better connecting producers to markets and creating new opportunities for businesses, industries and regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising do don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project exposure Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: October 7, 2021