Subject Mater Expert for all geological matters working across the entire Inland Rail program of works.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au
About the Position
Based from our Head Office in the Brisbane CBD, we are now seeking an Engineering Geologist to provide discipline advice and support to the Inland Rail (IR) program of works, providing you with an opportunity to join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
Critical to this role is ensuring that the programs of work are supported in obtaining design acceptance, meet IR delivery requirements and assurance objectives, through undertaking engineering reviews and providing geotechnical/engineering geology advice.
Key responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Undertake engineering judgement, interpretation, and analysis of data to develop and implement good practice geotechnical engineering solutions to the technical, safety, commercial and delivery aspects of projects
- Support the Contractors’ design team to achieve IR and ARTC’s design objectives for geotechnical aspects of the works package.
- Advise the Principal Geotechnical Engineer, Design Managers and other project personnel on geotechnical challenges that may arise during the project, with a view to resolving the challenges.
- Develop and champion geotechnical value management opportunities.
- Provide advice on geotechnical matters to help administer contracts.
This role will develop key relationships across the program with both internal and external parties outside of the engineering remit. This is an opportunity for proactive and collaborative individuals to be the Subject Matter Expert on a Nation Building Project and shape standards in the Rail Industry.
To ensure your success in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in geology or engineering geology from a recognised institution.
- Competency based geology accreditation (such as Chartered Geologist) / Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), or eligible to obtain with 24 months.
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ), or eligible to obtain within 24 months.
- High level conceptual and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyse complex issues and resolve technical issues.
- Well-rounded experience in project delivery working and coordinating with/for road/rail managers on delivering their scope and requirements to relevant engineering standards and guidelines
- Experience in the management and review of design work for major transport infrastructure projects
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination certificate or medical exemption prior to securing this role.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project exposure Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: January 12, 2022