Lead a team of Design Managers and SME's in the development and implementation of projects on the Inland Rail program
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers, and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Reliability.
About the Position
The Engineering Manager is a functional resource that will be deployed into delivery teams and is responsible for leading the team of design managers and subject matter experts in the development and implementation of a discreet program/projects of the Inland Program. In this role you be providing engineering support, facilitating design review including coordinating SME resources to assist delivery teams throughout the project life.
Critical to this role is the ability to provide technical leadership to the assigned project works, and provide timely decision making to determine and optimise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in delivering a highly complex program of rail projects that deliver Inland Rail’s objectives.
- Collaborate across the business and delivery programs to optimise the design and construction ensuring the IR program successful executes objectives, lesson learned and value for money proposition
- Manage design contracts, and design works undertaken by different contractors within the delivery program
- Coordinate design and assurance requirements to obtain necessary approvals.
- Coordinate and manager SME interaction with the works packages
- Identify and manage engineering and design matters.
- Lead, manage and mentor the Design Engineers to achieve Inland Rail’s design objectives for all aspects of the project.
- Responding to relevant engineering RFIs
- Advise the Senior Project Manager and other project personnel on design issues for the duration of the project.
- Liaise with relevant Government bodies on matters related to the technical interface of the project design.
- Monitor and take appropriate corrective actions to maintain design scope, schedule and budget goals while also reporting on progress and performance against agreed deliverables, safety, quality, and performance standards to ensure quality of outcomes, cost effectiveness, appropriate risk management and seamless integration with other streams
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, management and/or relevant industry experience
- Experience in stakeholder management where competing needs are effectively addressed
- Extensive (minimum of 10 years) experience in design management in a medium to large multi-disciplinary engineering project team with high preference placed on having rail engineering management
- Ability to lead and influence the performance of team members towards the achievement of project goals and principles.
- Knowledge of national and international rail industry best engineering practices
- Knowledge of contemporary engineering management techniques
- Competence certification including CPEng, RPEQ and RIW (or ability to obtain)
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow State-of-the-art, agile workspace in Brisbane CBD
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Role
Date posted: October 12, 2021