HR Business Partner - partner, coach and advise leaders and employees to improve culture and build leadership capability.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1.700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
We are currently looking for a HR Business Partner for a 15 month maternity leave cover. Reporting to the Lead HR Business Partner, this role will provide specialist advice to leaders and employees on the effective execution of people processes including workforce planning, talent and reward. The HRBP role will also partner with and coach line leaders to build leadership capability and improve culture and performance of the organisation.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Read the environment and interpret data to diagnose business issues and develop innovative and effective people solutions.
- Lead and support projects to deliver the HR People Strategy and Inland Rail Program Goals.
- Coach and influence leaders to improve leadership skills and effectively lead and manage teams.
- Understand change management principles and translate knowledge into workable actions.
- Partner with internal HR Specialists (Reward/Resourcing/Learning and Development) and work collaboratively to deliver together.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a generalist HR Business Partner role preferably client side within the rail, construction or similar heavy industry environment.
- Proven experience in IR/ER matters – Enterprise Agreements/contract interpretation, performance management, investigations, code of conduct breaches etc.
- Solution focused with a strong bias to action through influencing to achieve results by aligning stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated examples of building relationships and working collaboratively to deliver and achieve goals with team members and stakeholders
- Strong coaching and influencing skills to achieve business goals
- Supported large organisational design changes/restructures.
What you’ll be joining
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Location: Brisbane
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 15 month fixed term maternity leave cover
Date posted: October 5, 2021