The Business Analyst works on the definition of IT needs and engage with non technical audience. Opportunities to deliver the projects.
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of; viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
The primary objective of the Inland Rail IT Business Analyst is to act as the conduit between business, technical teams, vendor and various stakeholders to enable the business to implement cost effective technology solutions.
The role is responsible for working with project managers, technical resources, vendor and business stakeholders to develop and document as-is and to-be business processes, define business requirements, produce gap analysis, assess impacts to business areas and assist with other activities to implement technical solutions.
Reporting to the Program Services Manager and partnering with the wider project services team, key duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan and scope required business analysis activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate structured focus groups, workshops and interviews as an input to business analysis activities for requirements elicitation.
- Assess and critically analyse information gathered to develop requirements and prepare the relevant documentation according to business analysis principles.
- Undertake current and future state business process analysis using BPMN process modelling to determine business requirements, information flows and process improvements that streamline ICT and deliver benefits for the business.
- Facilitate communication between the relevant business units, technology teams and support teams to ensure that solutions are aligned with business objectives.
- Assist with activities, as required, to implement technology solutions including development of work instructions, procedures, testing and training.
- Facilitate the design of technology solutions by analysing requirements and writing functional specifications.
- Apply standardised templates, methodologies and processes for business analysis activities and related project documentation.
- Provide timely and expert advice regarding business requirements, system requirements, information requirements, business impacts, scope management and project risks.
- Use communication skills to negotiate, establish and maintain networks and working relationships with team members, clients and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a demanding professional environment with proven capacity to priorities, multi-task, achieve unit goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
Other areas of expertise include;
- Demonstrated experience in the application of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) principles and software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience performing Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
- Demonstrated experience conducting current and future state analysis.
- Highly developed skills and experience in the elicitation and documentation of business and system requirements.
- Proficient in using Microsoft O365 suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Self-motivated, conscientious and adaptable with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- PRINCE2, PMBOK, similar project management methodology qualifications is highly desirable.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications may be considered and progressed prior to a closing date
- Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 12 Month Fixed-term Contract
Date posted: November 13, 2020
IT & Telecomms Business Analyst Brisbane Permanent / Full Time