ICT Operations Engineer designs, creates and configures solutions that support the business IT infrastructure and applications for Inland Rail.
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of; viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
With the Inland Rail Program moving rapidly into execution the ICT team has some exciting and challenging projects to work on. Inland Rail is running many systems and applications that are critical to its success.
We are now looking for an ICT Operations Engineer to join the close and collaborative ICT team as a technical expert.
The ICT Operations Engineer is responsible for creating detailed designs, implementing solutions, and supporting infrastructure and applications across the Inland Rail program. This will involve some occasional interstate travel to interstate offices, data centers and sites for implementation activities being a possibility
This role is part of the ICT Operations team and will have the support of the Systems Architect, Project Manager and Service Delivery Manager to design, support and implement resilient solutions for the Inland Rail program. This will be some project based work and operational based work to support the Inland Rail business.
The responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Managing changes and upgrades to applications and supporting infrastructure including end user technologies and supporting infrastructure such as VMware, Netapp, Commvault, Condeco, SwipedOn, Cisco UCS, Citrix, Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure IaaS, PaaS, Azure Platform apps such as Logic apps and Power apps;
- Lead the implementation (installation, configuration, and operationalisation including definition of support and maintenance activities) of technical solutions; and,
- Provide specialist advice to operational teams for support and maintenance of relevant technologies, including responding to faults and problems, and liaising with other technical staff and external service providers to resolve issues.
- Ongoing support and configuration for business applications as required.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to use and develop a variety of skillsets and wants to expand in role that has a lot of autonomy. The incumbent engages not only with internal and external technical experts but also across the business and senior leadership team.
We are looking for a team player and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and sharing their knowledge.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the design, support and implementation of Blade/Storage technologies.
- Excellent understanding or demonstrated ability to learn SharePoint, FlowForma, Microsoft 365, VMware, Netapp, Commvault, Condeco, SwipedOn, Cisco UCS, Citrix, Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure IaaS, PaaS, Azure Platform apps such as Logic apps and Power apps.
- Have minimum of 10 years IT experience in either BAU or Project space.
- Experience in the design, build and maintenance of server Operating systems in a virtualised environment.
- Ability to work closely with and govern vendors to support the design, build and implementation of Inland Rail applications and infrastructure
- Relevant certifications in Azure, NetApp, and Citrix (CCA, CCP) will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationship with stakeholders technical and none-technical
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, deal with ambiguity and share knowledge and work with others.
You will join the largest Rail Infrastructure Program ever built in Australia at a time where the overall project is entering a fast-paced delivery mode
Inland Rail has a strong commitment to provide social value across the program and you will get to work with local businesses who provide jobs in rural area including various indigenous business.
Challenging status quo in the industry Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation across the program and we would like to see these numbers grow thanks to you.
The role is a permanent role enabling you to see the completion of the project. The ICT team is inclusive and collaborative. Your suggestions, expertise and opinion will be highly valued. Your contribution will make a strong impact to the delivery of a nation changing project.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
Inland Rail will transform how we move goods around Australia – better connecting producers to markets and creating new opportunities for businesses, industries and regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising do don’t delay your application.
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail
- Brisbane, QLD
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: April 1, 2021