Support the Finance team by providing analytics and assistance in validating the monthly forecast. Assist with in the Program wide assurance role.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail have adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
The Inland Rail Finance Team has an opportunity for a Business Analyst – Project Controls (Forecasting + Budgeting) to join our team.
Reporting to the Forecasting, Estimating and Budgeting Manager, the primary objective of the role is to be responsible for supporting the monthly, quarterly, and annual review and analysis of the financial and management accounting information for the Inland Rail project.
The role will also be responsible for supporting in the co-ordination of financial and Project Controls systems data that is used for performance reporting in the delivery of the Program.
The main responsibilities of the role will be and are not limited to:
- Provide assistance to review and validate the monthly forecasting between Ci Financials and PRISM g2 CCS tool. Support the monthly process of loading and adjusting the forecast data and extracting detailed reporting to support the finance and project controls program teams.
- Collate data sets and variance analysis for each project and function related to finance budget and forecast data for the monthly Project Controls Forum meetings.
- Support and process where required IR program trend and change control items within the financial ledgers.
- Assist with queries in regard to application configuration and datasets (live & historical) in the CCS application.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and tasks as directed by the Senior Business Analyst – Inland Rail
- Be 2iC to the Senior Business Analyst when required.
- The Business Analyst (Forecasting + Budgeting) will assist in the program wide assurance role with regards to data integrity and alignment of the Financial and Cost Control tools.
We are looking for a team player, someone who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and thrives in project fast paced environment. You will develop key relationships with the wider finance team, project managers, procurement and contract administrators.
You will also be able to demonstrate
- Working toward or gained Tertiary qualifications in IT Systems and / or Computer Science, Awareness or understanding of business Financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Technology One), Awareness or understanding of Project Controls Systems (e.g. PRISM, ECOSYS, COBRA) and other Project Management tools (e.g. P6, MS Project).
- Basic understanding of budget, forecast and cost functions of projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills; good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrable analytical ability.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with cost control computer systems or similar will be advantageous.
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states. we embrace a flexible working environment across the business
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination certificate or medical exemption prior to securing this role.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Based in Brisbane, Qld
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Role
Date posted: December 24, 2021