Lead Commercial to oversee all related contracts to the Narromine to Narrabri sections. Manage a team of contracts admin and support project teams.
Inland Rail is recruiting for a Lead Commercial to join the Southern Program commercial team (Narromine to Narrabri).
The Southern Civil Works Program will be delivered under a collaborative framework agreement comprising of four D&C incentivised target cost packages.
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how goods are moved around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the Project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the Project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal, fostering behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
Inland Rail’s commercial team has a new opportunity for an ambitious Lead Commercial to join its close-knit team. The role will assist the Commercial Manager and the Project Delivery Team with effective management and administration of Project contracts; proactively ensuring all contractual rights and obligations of the respective parties are known, understood and complied with, and commercial issues or risks are identified early, reported on and appropriately managed.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Management and administration of Project contracts to ensure compliance with the contractual obligations.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager with the management of Contract Administrators, ensuring effective and efficient administration of key contractual processes.
- Providing commercial and contractual support and advice to the Project Delivery Team throughout the delivery of the Project.
- Management of contractual correspondence and contract documentation prepared by Contract Administrators and/or the Project Delivery Team, ensuring compliance with Inland Rail’s standards and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate commercial terms are negotiated and commercially sound advice is provided to the Project Delivery Team to ensure contract and commercial risks are effectively managed.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance and management of contractor obligations i.e. deliverables, costs, forecasting, invoicing, etc.
- Management of Project claims and disputes to avoid or resolve them efficiently and effectively, ensuring all such claims and disputes are escalated and reported appropriately.
- Ensuring contractual obligations are being met whilst fostering a collaborative relationship through regular meetings, reporting and establishing processes to ensure Contract Administrators and Project Delivery Team members are communicating effectively with contractors in accordance with agreed communication channels.
This strategic role will join a highly collaborative commercial team where peers are working together, best practices are shared and strong integration with the delivery teams is fostered.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a field such as business, commerce, engineering, project management, law or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years proven experience in a similar role.
- An excellent understanding of contract law with experience in various contract types in a large business environment, ideally working in civil or rail, on major infrastructure projects.
- Experience with working and managing D&C and collaborative/alliance construction contracts, including incentivised target cost contracts is essential.
- Ability to effectively manage a team of Contracts Administrators and meet required deadlines.
- Clear and concise oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation, external party representatives and management.
- A sound understanding of the obligations of the NSW Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
- A clear understanding of ethical practices and probity within a large organisation.
- Developed skills in negotiation, influencing and problem solving.
- A high level of proficiency in utilising Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial and purchasing software such as Ci Financials and PRISM.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Document Management Systems such as Aconex.
- The Program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and proud to have over 40% female representation
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states; we embrace a flexible working environment across the business.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination certificate or medical exemption prior to securing this role.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure Project. 'Apply Now'.
- Brisbane, QLD with travel to Site as required
- Iconic Inland Rail Program | 570kms of Civil Works Construction
- Permanent role
Date posted: December 24, 2021