Support Senior offset advisor in delivering offset strategy for the NSW portion of the program. Establish and nurture relationship with stakeholders
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Australian Government selected ARTC to deliver the Inland Rail Program, a leading edge, career defining infrastructure project which is set to enhance supply chains and complete the backbone of the sustainable national freight network between Brisbane to Melbourne. Comprising 13 individual projects and spanning more than 1,700 km, Inland Rail is the largest freight rail infrastructure project in Australia and one of the most significant infrastructure projects in the world. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail. com.au.
About the Position
The role of the Offsets Advisor – NSW will be to support the Senior Offset Advisor and NSW Environment Manager in the implementation and delivery of the NSW offset strategy in accordance with legislative and ARTC requirements. The role focuses mainly the corridor going from Narromine to NSW/QLD Broder. Some travel to site will be required on an ad hoc basis.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide appropriate support and advice to the strategies for the securing of required biodiversity offsets in NSW;
- Help establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders to establish and manage environment risk and offsets across the program;
- Provide support to Inland Rail relating to offsets and biodiversity assessment during approvals and construction. Including supporting the supervision of contractors and consultants;
- Help ensure accuracy and credibility of appropriate planning and forecasting for the delivery of biodiversity offsets across scheduling and budget matters. Including support of required procurement activities;
- Provide advocacy to achieve a strategic and compliant approach to securing required biodiversity offsets in NSW; and,
- Help manage ARTC’s environmental management activities in a manner that is compliant with the requirements of the relevant applicable state planning and environment agencies .
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or an environmentally related discipline;
- 2 to 6 years experience in environmental management, preferably with ecology experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of the current NSW and Federal Environmental Approval legislative processes, preferably with knowledge of the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016, and Enviroment Protection and Biodiversity Act 1999, and associated regulations,
- Experience in data management and GIS applications to facilitate recording , tracking, reporting and auditing;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with other staff and contractors to help promote and develop the Inland Rail program team;
- High level of personal organisation, written communication skills and project management skills; and,
- Strong literacy with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and customized software packages.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on recruitment people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided on the basis of suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD or Sydney, NSW
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 24 months max term contract
Date posted: January 11, 2021
Engineering Environmental Brisbane Permanent / Full Time