Subject Matter Expert for rail systems aspects of the Inland Rail program including signalling, wayside, telecommunications, power and tunnels
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au
About the Position
The Principal Rail Systems Engineer will be the Inland Rail Subject Matter Expert for rail systems aspects of the Inland Rail program including signalling, wayside, telecommunications, power and tunnels.
You will provide discipline advice and review support to IR program of works and be responsible for leading and managing rail systems engineers, which will be deployed resources to any works program as required.
Work in collaboration with Project Teams you will ensure that rail systems elements of design for the Program align with ARTC’s requirements and conduct critical high-level review of rail systems scoping, analysis and calculations as required program wide.
Key responsibilities include;
- Provided functional leadership to a small team of engineers / designers and technical leadership to Contractors’ bridge designers
- Provide critical review of third-party rail systems design
- Support the Contractors’ design team to achieve IR and ARTC’s design objectives for rail systems aspects of the works package.
- Advise the Senior Project Manager and other project personnel on rail systems design and construction issues that may arise over the duration of the project, with a view to resolving the issues.
- Develop and champion rail systems engineering value management opportunities.
- Provide advice on rail systems engineering matters to help administer contracts
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Competence certification including CPEng, RPEQ and RIW.
- Extensive knowledge of rail infrastructure
- Demonstrated design and construction experience in green and brown field infrastructure development
- Strong all-rounder with experience in large infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge gained in the development of rail infrastructure projects
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organised well-ordered manner.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly developed problem resolution skills with experience in relationship management
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination certificate or medical exemption prior to securing this role.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Full-time Permanent role
Date posted: December 24, 2021