Contribute to the strategy and architecture for managing the programs information and data in source systems and the data warehouse. autonomous role.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail have adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
With the Inland Rail Program moving rapidly into execution the ICT team has some exciting and challenging projects to work on. A new role has been created to support the Principal Architect.
The primary objective of the Inland Rail Program Data and Information Architect is to drive data architecture and ensure alignment between the Inland Programs information, data, business processes and digital technology.
The Business and Data Architect will work closely the ICT Solutions and Architecture Manager, Principle Architect, Inland Rail Information & Data Manager and the business to validate and document the programs current and future data architecture aligned to the programs business capabilities.
Reporting to the ICT Architecture & Solutions Manager the key duties and responsibilities are and not limited to:
- Assist in finding gaps and aligning strategic direction for the data, information and application architecture of the Inland Rail program;
- In collaboration with our Information Management team, partnering with the business, the Business and Data architect will drive and contribute to the strategy and architecture for managing the programs information and data in source systems and the data warehouse;
- Aid in the management and allocation of data governance and data quality best practices and working with program business and IT stakeholders to ensure current and future data architectures address business and IT objectives;
- Working with project managers, technical resources, vendor, and business stakeholders to develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis, data management solution design and business intelligence; and,
- Create and maintain program wide logical data model identifying validated key master data and information flows.
We are looking for a team player and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and sharing their knowledge.
You will also be able to demonstrate
- Demonstrated experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models and data flows to support digital transformation, digital solution design, data analysis and business intelligence;
- Applied experience in developing and applying current and future state data and business architecture artefacts;
- Good engagement and communication style and ability to communicate complex concept to a non-technical audience;
- Strong experience in data modelling & analysis, data migration strategy, data alignment across multiple applications, data governance, heterogeneous data identification, data masking/transformation, data mining activities;
- Strong experience in system integration, data lake and data warehouse design and ingestion;
- Exposure to data governance tools to deliver data lineage, meta and master data;
- Broad expertise across Data and analytics architecture capabilities, principles and policies;
- Experience in business, application, information, and data architecture;
- Exposure to the Microsoft data technology and platforms, including but not limited to Azure data lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, SQL Services, would be beneficial
- Exposure to PRISM, P6, Aconex, Bentley Suites, SharePoint and Office 365, would be a plus
- Familiarity with technology and architecture frameworks (e.g. Togaf or others), BIM, Digital Engineering and Digital enablement for Construction and Asset Management will be highly regarded.
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states. we embrace a flexible working environment across the business
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Based in Brisbane, Qld
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program| Program level work
- 24-Month Fixed term contract, or Contractor Engagement
Date posted: September 21, 2021