New role. Work at Program level insuring the Integration Management Plan and Processes. Critical role for Inland Rail /ARTC. Lots of interactions.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
With Inland Rail Program progressing and moving into delivery, the Engineering team has a new critical role available.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Assurance, and Integration, we are looking for a Program Integration Manager. The primary objective of the role is to develop and implement the IR program integration roadmap and interface management framework across all elements required to successfully integrate IR into the existing Interstate Rail Network.
This role will develop, operationalise and monitor the Inland Rail Integration Management Plan and Processes and lead the Delivery Teams and Support Functions through implementation of critical interface and integration activities.
They will effectively liaise with the respective ATMS, Interstate, Corporate Services and IR functions in order to conduct the required checks in identifying the achievement of the integration roadmap. s implemented on the various project across the Inland Rail Program.
This role would also be the first point of contact for all program integration and interface changes.
You will be accountable for but not limited to:
- The development and implementation of the integration management plan and interface management plan and associated processes;
- The development, implementation and control of Program Requirements Management tool;
- The effectiveness of the change management process as it pertains to scope, requirements and engineering;
- Integration of safety when reviewing engineering designs and ensure that all design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements; and,
- Reporting integration achievements and gaps of projects at the prescribed stage gates throughout the project life cycle.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a Nation Building Project and work at Program level interfacing and can develop key relationship with Project Managers, Commercial staff and the Wider ARTC and ATMS teams to insure accurate integration and interface management. Key business relationship will be formed by the incumbent with the contractors and external stakeholders ensuring tasks are prioritised and delivered to standards
Ideally this position is based in Brisbane.
To ensure your success in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering;
- Competence certification including CPEng, RPEQ and RIW;
- Understanding of railway design and construction processes;
- Proven experience working on multi-disciplinary rail projects including the development of system engineering processes;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the integration and interface management;
- High level conceptual and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyse complex issues, and generate creative solutions to deal with organisational problems and opportunities;
- Ability to build and sustain relationships, obtain cooperation and develop collaborative working relationship;
- High level of interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes; and,
- Previous experience working at a program level in a consultancy, EPCM or client environment will be highly regarded.
What is on Offer
You will join the largest Rail Infrastructure Program ever built in Australia at a time where the overall project is entering a fast-paced delivery mode
Inland Rail has a strong commitment to provide social value across the program and you will get to work with local businesses who provide jobs in rural area including various indigenous business.
Challenging status quo in the industry Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation across the program and we would like to see these numbers grow thanks to you
The role is a permanent role enabling you to see the completion of the project. Your contribution will enable ARTC to deliver a highly digitally advanced engineering project that will set up standards for the rail industry across Australia.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
Inland Rail will transform how we move goods around Australia – better connecting producers to markets and creating new opportunities for businesses, industries and regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising do don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project exposure Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: October 7, 2021