Establish, develop your role - lead and inspire your team - Develop and Implement systems assurance adn requirements management for NSW and Victoria.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
With the Inland Rail Program progressing, the Engineering team is getting structured to deliver a first-class project with the highest engineering standards.
We have a role now open for a Program Requirements & Assurance Manager covering the Victorian and New South Wales States.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Assurance and Integration, the primary objective of the role is to lead the development and implementation of systems assurance and requirements management for all project/programs/packages in Vic and NSW. This includes the establishment of scope and requirements baselines, verification and validation requirements and the management of these in accordance with the engineering framework. This role will provide sound, efficient and timely assessment of projects at each engineering stage against set of assurance activities and conditions and make the recommendations to the Safety, Engineering and Environmental Governance Board in relation to compliance against the said conditions.
They will effectively liaise with the Program Delivery function to conduct the required checks to provide progressive systems assurance including the verification and validation of engineering requirements. The position will oversee a team of System Engineers and DOORS NG Administrators accountable for specific project scope and requirements assessments. The assurance team will work closely with relevant key stakeholders to contribute to the overall strategic vison and planning goals of the Inland Rail. This role would also be the first point of contact for any potential changes in Standards or Specifications.
You will be accountable for but not limited to:
- Contribute to integrated safety when reviewing engineering designs and ensure that all design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements;
- Develop the Inland Rail Engineering Assurance Management processes, including required procedures, instructions and supporting tools throughout the program;
- Continuously tracking of all the engineering requirements stipulated for the program to demonstrate compliance at given stage of each project life cycle;
- Report on project compliance with ARTC’s Safety Management System (SMS) and, responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities; and,
- Identifying non-compliances in accordance with the project assurance plans and providing support to the delivery teams to resolve non-compliances.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a Nation Building Project and to elevate its delivery to its highest standards. You will be a leader who wants to shape and develop their own team and can communication at all levels both internally and externally.
To ensure your success in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering;
- Competence certification in ARTC relevant competency matrices with Rail Industry work (RIW) card;
- Understanding of railway design and construction standards;
- Proven experience working on multi-disciplinary rail projects including the development of system engineering processes;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technology, standards and procedures for rail systems and services design, testing and commissioning for major rail infrastructure projects;
- Proven capacity to effectively manage relationships with external advisors;
- High level conceptual and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyse complex issues, and generate creative solutions to deal with organisational problems and opportunities;
- Ability to build and sustain relationships, obtain cooperation and develop collaborative working relationships;
- High level of interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes; and,
- Ideally you are a registered engineer CPEng and/or RPEQ and has experience implementing DOORs NG.
You will join the largest Rail Infrastructure Program ever built in Australia at a time where the overall project is entering a fast-paced delivery mode
Inland Rail has a strong commitment to provide social value across the program and you will get to work with local businesses who provide jobs in rural area including various indigenous business.
Challenging status quo in the industry Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation across the program and we would like to see these numbers grow thanks to you
The role is a permanent role enabling you to see the completion of the project. Your contribution will enable ARTC to deliver a highly digitally advanced engineering project that will set up standards for the rail industry across Australia.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
Inland Rail will transform how we move goods around Australia – better connecting producers to markets and creating new opportunities for businesses, industries and regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising do don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project exposure Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: October 7, 2021