Be Imbedded in project delivery team - work closely with Project Controls team. Ensure financial reporting is accurate and reflects project stage.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail have adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
The Inland Rail Finance Team has an opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team. The role reports to the Finance Manager Project Accounting and will be deployed within the delivery team
The primary objective of the role is to effectively manage and report on financial performance of assigned Project Stages and/or functional areas for the Inland Rail Program under the direction of the Government Finance and Commercial Relations Manager, and Finance Manager Project Accounting.
Through effective business partnering with project managers, project controls teams, the role ensures quality transactional financial data to all systems and facilitate the production of value adding management accounting and analysis
The key duties and responsibilities are and not limited to:
- Prepare monthly reports in an accurate and timely manner for projects and/or functional areas of the Inland Rail Program including variance and trend analysis, forecasting and budgeting;
- Oversee and facilitate the collection and processing of all inputs to the monthly reporting process including accruals, transfer journals, scope and forecasts and budgets. This includes closing Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) and forecasts via the Cost Control System (CCS) and Ci Financials Inland Rail for assigned cost centers and projects in a timely and accurate manner meeting both Inland Rail and ARTC monthly timetable;
- Regularly and independently review areas of major expenditure and variances to budget providing reconciliations and improvement suggestions to the relevant finance manager, function manager and/or project manager;
- Manage effectively the general ledger, works system and PRISM ensuring accurate coding consistent with the coding guidelines and the system hierarchy.
- Provide support of ARTC Corporate financial processes relating to Corporate Credit Cards and Payroll allocations to ensure compliance with internal and external policies and procedures
We are looking for a team player and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and thrives in project fast paced environment
You will also be able to demonstrate
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or business-related discipline; membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Australian Society of CPA’s or National Institute of Accountants or proven relevant experience.
- Experience working in a similar role on large infrastructure projects, and having done project accounting is highly desirable;
- Experience in the management accounting, budget, forecast and cost functions of a commercial organisation;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills; good interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and large automated accounting systems; and,
- Attention to detail.
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states. we embrace a flexible working environment across the business
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Based in Brisbane, Qld
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Role
Date posted: September 8, 2021