Seconded in the Nothern Package - Lead a team of 3 develop project controls tools, monitor project KPIs, understand contractors' commercial agreement
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
Inland Rail PMO team is now looking for a Project Controls Lead to support the delivery team for the Northern Section of the alignment.
Reporting to the Program Controls Manager, you will be seconded into the project and will manage a small team of three project controls professionals. As the Project Control Lead you will be responsible for the development of project control tools, systems, training, implementation, and follow-up to ensure proper utilization. Additionally, you are responsible for the operations and governance of the project controls function incorporating all phases of the program life-cycle and to provide sound advice in support of competing Project scope on time and on budget.
Based in Brisbane you will act as a sounding board to the Project Director and wider project delivery team, providing consultative advice, guidance, support and education about key performance indicators and commercial performance of the projects.
Key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage and develop project controls team assigned to the project;
- Develop and foster key relationships with the project delivery team and wider PMO team and peers ensuring compliance and congruence across Inland Rail Program;
- Understand and interprets contracts, understand contractual obligations and partner closely with the commercial team to provide essential cost and planning information;
- Develop and maintain realistic and robust schedule of work, Basis Of Schedule and cashflows for all project control phases, in accordance with industry best-practice and Inland Rail Program policies.
- Ensure that all reporting is produced on time and to the required standard.
- Ensure that each project control schedule and report is based on sound information, provided within the required deadlines, compliant with ARTC and ARTC Inland Rail Program systems and procedures, and to the required quality.
- Ensure compliance with ARTC’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
This role will be deployed in the delivery team and liaise daily with the Program Controls Manager and the project delivery team. This role is instrumental to the success of the Program, interreacts with and influences several key stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction, Project Management or an equivalent discipline;
- Extensive experience working in a similar role in the delivery of major capital projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering or infrastructure environment, Rail would be advantageous;
- Experience in the development and delivery of major infrastructure projects through a programme of works model or functional matrix organisational structure;
- Essential to have experience working closely with commercial team and understand contractual agreement and obligations with contractors and sub-contractors;
- Advanced level proficiency in Project Planning, Execution, Scheduling and Project Controls (including strong analytical skills);
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for project control activities;
- Ability to adapt to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent changes in priorities;
- Strong knowledge and experience of MSOffice suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Visio) and Project Management software (P6, Prism);
- Proven and effective business/report writing skills with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to communicate within multi-disciplinary teams, and articulate issues in clear terms, in order to support decision-makers; and,
- Drivers Licence – Class C
Why Inland Rail
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and proud to have over 40% female representation
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states; we embrace a flexible working environment across the business.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program | Be part of a PMO and make
- Permanent Role
Date posted: September 6, 2021