provide specialist property advice on the occupation, acquisition and disposal of land to deliver the property requirements of Inland Rail projects
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms. of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Programme is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
As a Property Advisor you will provide specialist property advice on the occupation, acquisition and disposal of land to deliver the property requirements of Inland Rail projects within NSW.
You will support Inland Rail’s design and project teams and engage with internal and external stakeholders, including landowners on land acquisition and other property matters.
As a Property Advisor, you will facilitate the development of timely and accurate land acquisition information in conjunction with project teams, survey and GIS personnel and stakeholder engagement teams in accordance with government protocols, legislation and ministerial requirements.
You will also assist in the instruction and management of property contractors, surveyors, valuers and land access consultants to achieve land access for project investigations and studies.
Regular travel throughout NSW will be required to facilitate negotiation with landowners.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven knowledge and experience in negotiated and compulsory land acquisition and transactions, such as leases, licences, permits and easements
- Well-developed negotiation, influencing, problem resolution and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge in the application of the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991
- Project management knowledge and experience in relation to property acquisition projects
- Knowledge of land tenure, land title administration, land management principles, property conveyancing and land and business valuation principles and methodology
- Sound knowledge of planning and environmental approval legislation and processes in the context of major projects
- Self-motivated, autonomous worker with the ability to mentor and instruct team members
- Experience in linear infrastructure projects or management of large scale, diverse property portfolios
- Ability to build and manage relationships within internal and external stakeholders including external consultants, contractors and other service providers
- Drivers Licence Class C
Australian Rail Track Corporation recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer focused organisation. With your expertise and contribution, we can create a cooperative team that draws strength from our diversity and produce innovative solutions.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now' by 2 November 2020. Please note applications may be reviewed and progressed prior to the closing date.
- Based in Sydney, NSW
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: October 6, 2020