Join Inland Rail PMO and support the delivery team developing, leading risk workshop and managing risk framework. Engage with stakeholders.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
Inland Rail PMO team is now looking for a Risk Analyst to support the delivery team.
Reporting to the Program Risk Lead, you will provide support to Inland Rail Projects, Packages and Functions across all facets of the risk management process, so that effective risk management processes are embedded within the culture of the Inland Rail Program.
This will largely be achieved through the application of risk analysis techniques and strong stakeholder management capabilities.
Based in Brisbane, you will act as a sounding board to the projects and functions in support of active risk management. You will be an effective communication link between and across projects and functions.
Key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support development, delivery and implementation of the Inland Rail risk management framework across the Inland Rail Program.
- Provide advice and assistance to projects/functions on their risk management obligations.
- Communicate risk data to the risk owners and foster a positive risk culture within the Inland Rail Program.
- Facilitate risk assessments and analysis as required under the Inland Rail risk management framework, as identified by the risk team or as requested by the risk owners.
- Assist with the identification, recording and management of controls and proposed treatment plans.
- Identify project or function risks that may require program level attention and bring this to the attention of the relevant manager.
- Assist in production of key risk reporting in a timely manner to support the effective communication of status and to inform decision making.
- Comply with IR’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
This role will be instrumental to the Inland Rail Program and will contribute to its success. Someone who wants to delve into complexities, likes communicating and engaging at all levels would be perfect for the role.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative risk management, including knowledge of ISO31000:2018.
- Familiarity with large capital programs or projects, including a working understanding of project controls..
- Experience in organising and facilitating risk workshops.
- Good proficiency using Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with web-based database tools.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Well-developed and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the use and/or administration of a project-focused risk management tool and PowerBI would be advantageous.
- Experience with cost and schedule risk analysis systems would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of embedded enhanced ways of working in relation to active risk management will be highly regarded.
Why Inland Rail
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and proud to have over 40% female representation
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states; we embrace a flexible working environment across the business.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program | Be part of a PMO and make a
- Permanent Role
Date posted: September 9, 2021