Promote safety culture across the project, ensure contractors and sub-contractors are working to Inland Rail Standards. Bring Improvement & innovation
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail have adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
Inland Rail Program started construction on the Narrabri to North Star (N2NS) section. More than 500 people are expected to work on this section either directly or through contracting partners. With a Zero Harm value and objectives it is critical for Inland Rail to have passionate employees dedicated to the safety of all.
With this first in mind we are now recruiting for a Safety Advisor to join the Narrabri to North Star Inland Rail team.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Superintendent, the primary objective of the role is to facilitate and promote ownership of safety culture across the N2Ns site construction team and work closely with the appointed contractor to ensure that workplace health and safety requirements are met for the project.
Key accountabilities include and are not limited to:
- Providing structured input and assistance in the implementation of site workplace safety requirements to Inland Rail personnel, contractors and Sub-contractors;
- Ensure compliance to rail safety and other procedures with a continual improvement mindset across the N2NS project;
- Research safety innovations including safety products for suitability and provide reports and information suitable for consideration by the N2NS construction manager and appointed contractor based on safety benefits, suitability, and cost effectiveness;
- Ensure the appointed contractor delivers accurate workplace safety reports that align with key performance and lead indicators under the contract requirements;
- Be part of the investigation team / lead investigator when required; and,
- Ensure compliance with ARTC's Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
- Promote a safety culture within the team to conform with current Work Health and Safety (WH&S) and relevant Safety legislation.
The role is a fantastic role for a candidate who has a passion for safety and wants to leave a legacy. This role is ideal for someone who has site experience preferably on linear infrastructure projects.
You will also be able to demonstrate
- Tertiary qualifications in a recognised WHS and/or closely related discipline, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of systemic investigative and reporting techniques, with an emphasis on industry and human factors.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior safety advisory role in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice including injury management, workers compensation and return to work procedures.
- Knowledge of Work, Health & Safety legislation.
- Knowledge or an awareness of rail safety legislation.
- Ability to understand, analyse and interpret statistical information.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and a clear understanding of general safety systems.
- Demonstrated capability in the development and implementation of field safety management systems.
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate with and influence others.
- Experience in a diverse safety environment.
- Drivers Licence – Class C
- First Aid qualifications
- Experience as a Lead Investigator using ICAM methodology
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states. we embrace a flexible working environment across the business
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Based in Moree, NSW - Residential, FIFO or DIDO role - 10/4 Roster
- - Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program - Set up Safety Standards a
- Permanent Role
Date posted: June 2, 2021