Provide executive administration support to the Director HSE and the wider Inland Rail Leadership Team. Full time permanent role based from our modern
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au
About the Position
An opportunity is now available for a Senior Administration Officer to provide professional executive administrative support to the Director Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and greater team in a timely, accurate and confidential manner and provide project support as required to assist in the functioning of day-to-day operations of the Inland Rail HSE team.
Utilising your previous experience as a personal/executive assistant for a senior manager in a large organisation you will also provide executive administrative support to the wider Inland Rail Leadership Team where required.
Key responsibilities for the role includes;
- Maintenance of outlook calendar and prioritise meetings, obligations and workflow as required to ensure that the Director HSE is kept informed and up to date of daily schedules and commitments and to maximise the efficient use of the available time.
- Exercise independent judgment in the absence of the Director to prioritise and action important matters to ensure that they are kept abreast of important information as it becomes available and that important matters are dealt with as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, agendas, minutes, presentations and reports as required by and on behalf of the Director HSE ensuring accuracy and efficiency to assist in the delivery and dissemination of information both internally and externally, with a high level of discretion and sensitivity.
- Purchase goods and services, including making travel and accommodation arrangements, as per ARTC policies and procedure for the Director HSE and wider HSE team.
- Demonstrated previous experience as a personal assistant for a senior manager in a large organisation.
- Extensive proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications and advanced typing/keyboard skills.
- Demonstrated advanced written and verbal communication skills, including previous experience in writing documents on behalf of a senior manager.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, maintain confidentiality and make independent decisions when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to use judgement and discretion when dealing with enquiries and disseminating information.
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Collaborative and flexible mindset, with experience working in large, complex, multi-disciplinary teams.
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination certificate or medical exemption prior to securing this role.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Full-time Permanent role
Date posted: January 12, 2022