Deliver high-quality integrated communication services and advice in a technical environment. Infrastructure, transport/logistics experience desirable
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector.
More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au
About the Position
The Senior Communications Advisor will be responsible for providing high quality integrated communication advice and support to the Tottenham to Albury project team and tactical implementation of communication activity across content channels. The successful candidate will also facilitate information sharing between the Tottenham to Albury project team and Program disciplines to raise awareness of the successful delivery of Inland Rail in Victoria.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop strategy for and deliver communication initiatives and collateral as agreed with Project Directors/ Project Managers and Stakeholder Engagement Leads and Managers
- Facilitate information sharing between the Inland Rail Program’s Digital Engagement, Marketing, Government Relations and ARTC Media teams to ensure all parties are informed of Victorian project progress and issues as they arise.
- Write, edit and proofread copy for communication, ensuring messages are consistent and align with our objectives
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate content, structure, language and presentation/design of materials to achieve intended outcomes for our audiences
- Apply contemporary communication practices to actively and creatively engage with our stakeholders across all audiences in particular around digital media
- Develop and manage our communication projects, ensuring compliance with relevant ARTC and Australian Government branding and advertising policies
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven capability of working with team members (in-person and remotely, given Covid restrictions) to positively influence project team considerations relating to community engagement
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Communication, Arts, or Graphic Design) and / or proven experience in public relations or corporate communication role.
- Proven skills in the delivery of high-quality communication services in a technical environment – preferably in a large project environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of current online engagement concepts, strategy, and best practice.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining online communication tools including social media platforms, e-newsletters, websites, intranet, and the use of social collaboration tools.
- Experience in the delivery of superior customer service – acting as an in-house consultant with responsibility to deliver a range of projects on time and on budget for (at times) competing internal clients.
- Expertise in managing external contractors to produce superior results.
Candidates with previous experience within the infrastructure, transportation or logistics sector would be considered highly advantageous.
What you’ll be joining
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Based in Melbourne, VIC
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Full-time Permanent role
Date posted: October 7, 2021