Oversee the implementation and management for environmental requirements of the construction of the Narrabri to North Star Phase 1 project in NSW.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers, and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
The Senior Environment Advisors' primary objective is to oversee the implementation and management of environmental requirements of the construction of the Narrabri to North Star Phase 1 project in NSW, within the Inland Rail Program. Providing the appropriate environmental management to deliver the construction requirements of the project. The role is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies, reports, audits, and procedures to support the management during the construction, commissioning, and the start of operations of this project. Additionally, they will deliver the development of nominated plans, technical environmental support, and management during these phases.
Your responsibilities will include and are not restricted to:
- Providing support to the nominated Delivery Team, State Environment Manager, and Program Environment Manager to ensure the delivery of effective environmental and sustainability policies, management, assessment of environmental impacts, and the compliant and on-target delivery of the nominated project;
- Responsibility for oversight of technical advice in the assessment and mitigation of environmental impacts and development of planning and environmental management strategies, documents, and procedures;
- Leading the delivery of environmental studies associated with Feasibility Studies, Environmental Impact Assessments, and Construction Management Plans, as required; and,
- Establishing, managing, and maintaining relationships with regulatory authorities, government agencies, and relevant stakeholders to ensure that ARTC’s environmental management is sensitive to industry trends, stakeholder, community, and regulatory expectations and legislation, as required.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate experience and capability in the following key areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or an environmentally related discipline;
- Experience in environmental management during the construction of linear or significant infrastructure projects, preferably in NSW;
- Management of environmental impact assessments, planning approval processes, and environmental approvals for major infrastructure projects in NSW, either brownfield or greenfield;
- Knowledge of relevant State (NSW) and Federal environmental legislation including project approval process and construction requirements;
- Management and delivery of the environmental scope of work during construction incorporating monitoring, auditing, compliance, incident management, and reporting;
- Ability to work with senior management and contractors, building support for environmentally compliant work culture and negotiate with stakeholders on complex environment and policy issues; and,
- High-level communication skills, as well as the ability to build and sustain relationships, will see you excel in this key position.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
The appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: April 27, 2021