Multiple opportunities for Senior Project Managers based in Sydney & Brisbane to help build Australia's largest freight rail infrastructure project.
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing dual gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard dual links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for driving the planning and delivery of a civil and structures program of works which spans multiple work packages, including all phases from program enabling to project completion and handover.
As the Senior Project Manager, you oversee the outputs of Project Managers and Senior Project Engineers while working collaboratively with designers to drive an Australian-first delivery model for rail informed by industry feedback.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the development of collaborative relationships which enable close work with key delivery partners to optimise the program and successfully execute work packages.
- Being responsible for the project objectives, detailed scope, costs, scheduling, safety and environmental impact and asset acceptance by the end user (ARTC).
- Liaising with stakeholders on the costing, scoping and implementation of the “Inland Rail Program”.
- Reporting to the Project Director on the physical and financial progress issues related to the project to ensure timely and accurate information is provided where necessary.
- Leading a team of employees, consultants and contractors to successfully achieve the coordination of multiple work teams to attain the project’s and the overall Inland Rail Program objectives.
- Identification of project interfaces and integration matters
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the project by conducting regular reviews of project milestones against actual indicators to resolve issues as they arise to mitigate any impact on project delivery.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documentation and submissions to gain approvals at various management delegations.
- Manage the administration of contracts to ensure prompt assessment of claims, resolution of contractual issues and finalisation of contract documentation.
- Promote a safety culture within the team, ensure critical risk controls are implemented and obligations to to conform to current Work Health and Safety and relevant Rail Safety legislation are met.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement where learnings are identified and communicated.
- Champion efforts which build the Inland Rail legacy including sustainability, innovation and social performance initiatives.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum 15+ years project delivery experience predominantly within a multi-discipline engineering or infrastructure environment in either client or contractor side roles.
- Experience in the administration, management and delivery of asset maintenance in the form of major periodic maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Eligibility for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Commercial Acumen.
- Highly developed written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Formal qualification in Civil/Structural engineering or equivalent.
- Experience gained in a collaborative delivery model such as an alliance will be highly regarded.
- Experience with civil earthworks and the design and construction of structures ie. bridges and culverts preferably within the rail industry will be highly regarded.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now' by COB 09/02/21. Please note that applications may be considered and progressed prior to the closing date.
- Based in Sydney, NSW or Brisbane, QLD
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Work Collaboratively with our Contracting Partners
Date posted: January 13, 2021