Senior Project Manager required to work collaboratively with our contracting partners across the Civil Works Program
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers, and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Reliability.
About the Position
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for driving the planning and delivery of a civil and structures program of works which spans multiple work packages. The role includes the management of all work phases from program enabling to project completion and handover inclusive of interface management between contractors and between the project and third party infrastructure owners.
As the Senior Project Manager you oversee the outputs of Project Managers and Senior Project Engineers while working collaboratively with designers to drive an Australian-first delivery model for rail informed by industry feedback.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Leading the development of collaborative relationships which enable close work with key delivery partners to optimise the program and successfully execute work packages.
- Being responsible for the project objectives, detailed scope and asset acceptance by the end user (ARTC); and accountable for cost, scheduling, safety and environmental impact during execution of the works
- Liaising with stakeholders on the costing, scoping and implementation of the “Inland Rail Program”.
- Reporting to the Project Director on physical and financial progress issues related to the project to ensure timely and accurate information is provided where necessary.
- Leading a team of employees, consultants and contractors to successfully achieve the coordination of multiple work teams to attain the project’s and the overall Inland Rail Program objectives.
- Identification, and where applicable management, of project interfaces and integration matters
- Monitoring and evaluation of the performance of the project by conducting regular reviews of project milestones against actual indicators to resolve issues as they arise to mitigate any impact on project delivery.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documentation and submissions to gain approvals at various management delegations.
- Manage the administration of contracts to ensure prompt assessment of claims, resolution of contractual issues and finalisation of contract documentation.
- Promote a safety culture within the team, ensure critical risk controls are implemented and obligations to conform to current Work Health and Safety and relevant Rail Safety legislation are met.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement where learnings are identified and communicated.
- Champion efforts which build the Inland Rail legacy including sustainability, innovation and social performance initiatives.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum 15+ years project delivery experience predominantly within a multi-discipline engineering or infrastructure environment in either client or contractor side roles.
- Experience in the administration, management and delivery of capital works in the form of major periodic maintenance , capital improvement or growth capital projects.
- Eligibility for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Commercial Acumen.
- Highly developed written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Formal qualification in Civil/Structural engineering or equivalent.
- Experience gained in a collaborative delivery model such as an alliance will be highly regarded.
- Experience with civil earthworks and the design and construction of structures ie. bridges and culverts preferably within the rail industry will be highly regarded.
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail provides an Agile working environment embracing flexible working through our State-of-the Art office in the Brisbane CBD
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Permanent opportunity based in Brisbane
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Work Collaboratively with our Contracting Partners
Date posted: October 11, 2021