Lead Senior Sustainability Advisor developing and delivering sustainability initiatives for Inland Rail
- This role can be based out of Sydney, Brisbane or Melbournee
- Mega Project Exposure – Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers, and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Reliability.
About the Position
Inland Rail is looking to recruit a Senior Sustainability Advisor to join the team on a permanent basis where you will be integral to the development and delivery of sustainability initiatives that contribute to long-term outcomes for Inland Rail and its supply chain. Additionally, this role will provide sustainability support to projects in regard to ISCA and support the ISCA submission and verification process.
Sustainability is evolving and gaining momentum into the detailed design and construction phase. The current stage of the program and the breadth of the requirements to deliver on our Inland Rail Sustainability Objectives has created a requirement for additional support. There are also increasing program initiatives required to be delivered across 3 states.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Lead sustainability advisor for up to 4 projects.
- Actively manage the relationships with the service provider or contractor sustainability lead to ensure the sustainability outputs are fit for purpose and contribute to the achievement of the project’s sustainability objectives
- Lead reviewer for the IS sustainability rating submission to ISCA. This includes reviewing, commenting, and finalising all project documentation to be submitted to ISCA, ensuring compliance as required.
- Deliver the project reporting requirements and contribute to the program reporting requirements
- Support other sustainability advisers to manage and prioritise workloads
- Develop, lead, deliver and support program-wide sustainability initiatives and requirements
Together with tertiary qualifications in a related field (strategy/policy, engineering, environmental sciences) with appropriate Infrastructure Sustainability Accreditation Practitioner, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong ability to multitask and work on simultaneous delivery requirements across various projects
- Experience in infrastructure projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with different requirements
- Ability to produce high-quality documentation
- Strong communicator and collaborator that adapts to their audience
- A passion and energy for sustainability and the change it can create
- Understanding and experience using the Infrastructure Sustainability Rating Scheme (as managed by the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia)
- Experience in reviewing and developing submissions to the ISCA
- The program will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane office and satellite offices spread across 3 states. We embrace a flexible working environment across the business
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising.
We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- This role can be based out of Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: April 27, 2021
Engineering Environmental Sydney Permanent / Full Time