Provide support to the Social Performance team across the Inland Rail program
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail have adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
The rapid growth of the Inland Rail Program has created the requirement for this position reporting in to the Social Performance Reporting and Assurance Analyst. The primary objective of the role is to provide support to the Social Performance team across the Inland Rail program.
Key accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Liaison with primary contractors to ensure submission of social performance reports in a timely manner
- Ensuring contractor social performance reports are stored in a coordinated location
- Working with the Social Performance Reporting and Assurance Analyst to review, analyse and conduct desktop assurance of contractor social performance reports, and collate data for distribution to internal stakeholders
- Ensuring regular extended assurance is conducted in order to obtain evidence for assertions in social performance reports
- Working with the social performance team and communications team to produce and publicise quarterly social performance snapshots
The role is an excellent growth opportunity for someone who has a keen eye for detail coupled with the ability to develop and build a strong rapport within a truly collaborative setting. The position will be well suited to a recent graduate or someone with experience in reporting, data analysis and assurance processes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:-
- Strong ability to collate, review, manipulate and understand numerical data, using various software packages
- Strong writing ability
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of relevant State (Qld or NSW or Vic) and Federal environmental legislation including project approval process, as well as various sustainability requirements and concepts
- Strong literacy with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and customised software packages
- Sound research, analysis and investigation skills. Able to deliver effective investigation outcomes and reports within specified timeframes
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states. We embrace a truly flexible working environment across the business.
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega Project - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- Permanent Opportunity
Date posted: November 25, 2021