Engage with land owners, local communities, and regional representative to progress the project, inform and be the link between Inland Rail and locals
Inland Rail is a once-in-a-generation project that will enhance supply chains and complete the backbone of the national freight network between Melbourne and Brisbane via regional Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC). ARTC is one of Australia’s largest rail network owners and we’re proud to be a vital part of the transport supply chain and the economic development of Australia. For more information, visit artc.com.au or inlandrail.com.au
As this major infrastructure project continues to grow across Australia, we are looking for a Stakeholder Engagement Advisor to work with communities and stakeholders from North Star to NSW/QLD border, project NS2B.
The position is based in Goondiwindi.
About the position
The Stakeholder Engagement Advisor is pivotal to the successful delivery of the Inland Rail Project.
As a team member, you will drive and manage transparent and effective community engagement, representing ARTC Inland Rail in a variety of activities within local communities. This may include engaging with local councils and MPs, building relationships with landowners, community members and local businesses, and running community forums and info sessions.
As part of a nation-wide team, you will demonstrate a commitment to best-practice community engagement while drawing on a strong understanding of regional needs.
Your experience in the areas of community engagement, communications or customer service will assist Inland Rail in delivering the best outcome for communities.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Engaging with councils, landowners, local federal and state MPs and community and industry associations to develop or refine community engagement plans to support consultation and engagement.
- Supporting the development of collateral including project newsletters, fact sheets, project updates, website FAQs and collateral.
- Identifying issues, risks and opportunities and provide appropriate strategies.
- Overseeing project updates for print and digital media.
- Leading and supporting engagement that is transparent, equitable and accessible, with adequate opportunities for stakeholders to comment and ensuring interactions are appropriately managed and recorded.
- Building relationships with stakeholders to promote effective dialogue with the Inland Rail Program team.
Ideal skill requirements
- Previous experience in stakeholder and community engagement, ideally within the infrastructure, transport or logistic sectors.
- Working knowledge and understanding of digital media and digital technologies to support community engagement.
- Sound verbal and written skills, including the writing and delivery of strategies, plans and communications materials.
- Issues and risk management on complex projects.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders in politically sensitive environments.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills, with a capacity to respond to and manage changing priorities.
- Drivers licence – Class C
- A degree qualification in in Journalism, Communications, PR or related field would also be considered highly advantageous.
What you can expect from a career with Inland Rail
- The Inland Rail Program will provide you with exposure to a nation-building project – one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Australia’s history.
- The Stakeholder Engagement team promotes a positive team culture where innovation, dedication and passion are encouraged. We offer our employees the opportunity to develop professionally while working within a diverse, creative and dedicated team who work cohesively to deliver successful and exciting results.
- ROLE BASED IN GOONDIWINDI
- MEGA PROJECT EXPOSURE - ICONIC INLAND RAIL
- ENGAGE WITH LOCAL COMMUNITIES
Date posted: January 11, 2021