Forum Etiquette & Moderation
This forum is moderated in order to keep the discussion flowing and regulate content. Comments that do not adhere to the moderation rules or are otherwise deemed inappropriate will be removed.
This discussion forum is designed to allow all participants to have a say and share a diverse range of views.To facilitate positive discussions we encourage you to follow the etiquette guide below.
- It is a good idea to read through the information on the site and the other comments before getting involved in the discussion yourself.
- Always respect the views of other participants even if they do not agree with yours.
- Be constructive. It is okay to disagree with other forum participants, in fact we encourage debate, just keep the dialogue positive.
- Always keep things civil. We recognize that this can be difficult sometimes, especially when you are passionate about an issue, but it is important to keep the discussion focused on the issues and the facts.
- Once you have left your comment keep an eye on the forum to see what other people have to say.
- If you feel that someone has posted something inappropriate, report their comment to the moderator. Do not engage with that participant any further. The moderator will review the complaint and take any necessary action.
- Stay on topic. These forums have been created for a specific purpose. Please stay within the boundaries of the subject matter.
- Turn off the "CAPS LOCK". Writing in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of SHOUTING and can cause offence.
- Choose one discussion topic under which you would like to post each of your comments. Do not cut and paste the same comment into lots of different discussion topics. Duplicated posts may be removed.
- Do not be a "troll". Trolls intentionally incite annoyance or offense. They do not participate constructively in the discussion and do not add any value to the debate.
- Do not bully, harass or threaten other participants.
- Please respect the moderators. Their job is to keep the forum safe and constructive so that everybody gets to have his or her fair say.
- Try to avoid using acronyms or text talk. By using plain English more people will understand the points you are trying to make.
This site is subject to the following moderation rules:
- Never post personal information about another forum participant. This Includes identifying any individual by their real name if they have not already done so or providing personal contact information.
- Never identify a staff member of the consulting organisation by name.
- Do not defame anyone or any organisation. A comment is defamatory if it lowers or harms the reputation of a person or organisation.
- Do not post anything that could be considered intolerant of a person's race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion or age.
- Do not be obscene or use inappropriate language. Lots of people from different backgrounds participate in these forums. We want them to be able to continue to do so from home, work, school, university or wherever they may be.
- Do not personally insult or harass other participants. Please ensure you remain objective.
- Do not post or link to any inappropriate, offensive or illegal material.
- Do not post any advertisements, however much you believe in the service or product.
- Do not complain about the moderation on the site, you can always direct an email to us if you are unhappy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breaches of the moderation rules will be dealt with as follows:
- Removal of comment - any comment that, in the view of the moderator, breaches the rules will be removed.
- Temporary Suspension - a participant who repeatedly and flagrantly flouts the moderation rules may be suspended from access to the site for period of up to one week determined by the moderators. The period will reflect both the severity and consistency of the breach.
- Permanent Blocking - a participant who continues to violate the moderation rules following reinstatement after a period of suspension may have their access to the site permanently blocked.
- Automatic Blocking - a participant who posts or links to inappropriate, offensive or illegal material will be immediately blocked from the site.
About the Moderators
This discussion forum is moderated either exclusively or in collaboration with Bang the Table Pty Ltd or its appointed agents. Bang the Table is a professional service provider that hosts and moderates online discussions.
Removed comments are stored so they can be restored to the site if it is later deemed that a moderator has made an error. Bang the Table does not identify users or provide their email details to its clients. The consultation hub privacy statement states this clearly as does the Bang the Table contract.