Mungle Creek bridge works
Trans4m Rail will conduct rail bridge demolition works near Mungle Creek, south of North Star, between June and July 2021.
The works will involve construction of a temporary access road to the bridge located north of level crossing 3167 and south of Mungle Creek. Demolition will include removal of the existing bridge structure and concrete components.
What to expect
- Trucks and other vehicles will enter and exit the construction site via the temporary access road
- construction machinery and equipment operating on site
- delivery of materials and equipment
- motorists should follow traffic controls and drive with caution
- some of these works will be noisy and mitigation measure will be in place.
- water/vacuum excavation trucks
How we’re managing impacts
- Traffic control will be in place, where required
- water carts will be on site to wet down areas to assist in managing dust.
Phone: 1800 732 761
Post: Inland Rail, GPO Box 14, Sydney NSW 2001
- Mungle Creek Bridge (in blue)
- Bridge demolition area (in red)
- Construction impact zone (in purple)
July 12, 2021
Camurra to North Star major track upgrade works (update)
From May 2021, Trans4m Rail will continue major track construction works within the existing rail corridor between Camurra and North Star. Works will occur between 7am and 6pm, seven days a week, to ensure our construction schedule is maintained.Please note, Sunday working hours are permitted under the project’s environmental approvals.
- July 2021 - October 2021
- Within the existing rail corridor between Camurra and North Star
- Camurra, NSW
July 6, 2021
Temporary Traffic Changes to Glenroy Street
From early July 2021, Trans4m Rail will continue major track construction works within the existing rail corridor between Bellata and South Moree. To enable level crossing works at Gurley Creek Road, a section of Glenroy Street (old Millie Road) between the Newell Highway and Bellata Street, Gurley will be temporarily closed for approximately two months. Signage and VMS boards are in place to notify road users of these changes. Please refer to the diagram below. The road closure will be in place until 6pm Tuesday 31 August 2021.
- July 2021 - August 2021
- Glenroy Street (old Millie Road) between the Newell Highway and Bellata Street
June 1, 2021
Narrabri to North Star (Phase 1) Public Level Crossing Report
This report identifies and illustrates the location of all public level crossings and provides details such as the treatment required, measures to avoid short stacking, justification of any closures and assessment of road risks.