Timing and location of works
- Between Parkes to Narromine
- From the end of October until early-2021
- These works will be in or around the rail corridor and will not impact road users
What we’re doing
- Fencing the rail corridor
- Hydro-mulching (spraying grass seed) in the rail corridor
- Minor final construction works in the rail corridor
- Returning leased land to landowners.
What to expect
- Construction workers working in the rail corridor with earth moving equipment
- Use of machinery in the works area, may include; excavators, loaders, tamping machine, dump trucks, rollers, graders, water carts, regulators, rail saw, rail grinders, concrete pumps, hand tools, stressing machine, rail clippers, vibrating screeds, small petrol-powered clipping machines, rail tensors, and light vehicles
- Importing material to and around site with heavy vehicles, cement trucks and light vehicles
- Removal of site storage compounds.
Once rail has been installed in each section, the rail will be ‘live’ and construction trains will be intermittently passing across the level crossing. For your continued safety, please ensure you obey all signage at level crossings.
Our standard working hours until mid-2020
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- 8am to 1pm Saturdays.
Intermittent out of hours works until mid-2020
- 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- 6am to 6pm Saturdays and Sundays.
January 18, 2021
Lockyer Valley CCC meeting minutes 20 October 2020
Meeting minutes from the Lockyer Valley Community Consultative Committee meeting, held on the 20 October 2020.
January 18, 2021
Inner Darling Downs CCC meeting minutes 1 Dec 2020
Minutes from the Inner Darling Downs Community Consultative Committee held on 1 December 2020.
January 14, 2021
Calvert to Kagaru EIS summary of findings
A draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) has been prepared for the Calvert to Kagaru Project. The EIS describes the Project, considers potential environmental, social and economic impacts of the Project, and identifies measures to avoid, minimise and mitigate these impacts.