Work being done
Works include installing and connecting underground optical fibre services to an existing services pit, and installation of a new services pit on Norton Street.
Ground excavation will occur between the station building and the footpath of Norton Street and along the Norton Street footpath near the station car park entrance.
What can I expect
- approved vegetation removal within the project area
- a section of footpath on the station side of Norton Street will be closed, with a pedestrian detour in place for the duration of the works
- traffic management and reduced speeds will be in place during some works, which may cause traffic delays
- ground excavations in various locations
- trucks and other vehicles entering and exiting the construction site
- noise from construction machinery and equipment operating onsite.
- heavy and light vehicles including trucks
- drill rig and
- contractor vehicles
will be used within the work areas.
How we’re managing impacts
- traffic management will be in place to ensure safe access for all road users and pedestrians, where required
- reducing vehicles required onsite
- nightworks commencing after all trains, buses and coaches have completed daily services.
Phone: 1800 929 244
Visit: 48a Norton Street on Thursdays 10am–2pm.
December 6, 2023
Important – Fire ant emergency order
In late November, the NSW Department of Primary Industries confirmed the detection of three red imported fire ant nests in South Murwillumbah in north-eastern New South Wales, 13km south of the Queensland border.
November 30, 2023
Site investigations at Daroobalgie
Between 4 and 22 December 2023, work crews will excavate test pits for future under rail bores and conduct potholing investigations to locate existing utility services.
- 04 December 2023 - 22 December 2023
- Within the existing rail corridor near Daroobalgie Road and Hoopers Road