We are upgrading level crossings as part of building Inland Rail between Parkes and Narromine.
To allow traffic to continue to use Brolgan Road, we have implemented traffic controls to maintain single-lane access.
In mid-May 2020 we will be re-opening Brolgan Road to two-way traffic, and re-opening the Travelling Stock Route.
Until mid-May a speed reduction of 40 km/h will remain in place for several hundred metres on either side of the current level crossing on Brolgan Road.
Traffic control devices will be placed on either end of the Brolgan Road works to manage road users' safety until mid-May 2020.
Travelling Stock Route, Parkes, will re-open to all traffic in mid-May 2020.
Location of works
Brolgan Road and Travelling Stock Route, Parkes
What we're doing
- Installing new gravel (ballast), sleepers and rail, and tamping of the ballast.
- Completing road formations, signage and line marking.
- Installing fences and permanent rail signage, booms and lights.
What to expect
- Traffic control devices including traffic lights will be in place during the works to safely manage vehicles on Brolgan Road.
- During the work there will be heavy vehicles travelling to and from the work sites.
- The road will be resealed and two-way traffic will be able to use Brolgan Road at the level crossing from mid-May 2020.
Once rail has been installed in each section, the rail will be ‘live’ and construction trains will be intermittently passing across the level crossing. For your continued safety, please ensure you obey all signage at level crossings.
Our standard working hours until mid-2020
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- 8am to 1pm Saturdays.
Intermittent out of hours works until mid-2020
- 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- 6am to 6pm Saturdays and Sundays.