Penneys Road to Tapscott Road major track upgrade works
From Monday 13 September 2021, on-track machines (rolling stock) will start operating between Penneys Road, Bellata and Tapscott Road, Moree as part of Trans4m Rail’s ongoing track construction works within the existing rail corridor.
Works will generally occur between 7am and 6pm Monday to Sunday. Low impact activities such as machinery re-fuelling, managing environmental controls and traffic control may also occur outside of these hours. Residents will be notified in advance of any out-of-hours work.
The newly built track will be returned to ARTC in preparation for rail operations to restart on 1 November 2021.
Work being done
- Installation of concrete sleepers and new steel tracks
- installation of ballast
- reinstatement of traffic control and signage at level crossings
- replacing and upgrading drainage (including culverts) and level crossings
- upgrading signalling and communications equipment
- construction of access gates and roads
- installing signage, fencing, services and utilities within the rail corridor.
- Hi-rail vehicles (rolling stock)
- articulated dump trucks
- water / vacuum excavation trucks
How we’re managing impacts
- Traffic control and signage will be in place, where required
- water carts will be on site to wet down areas to assist in managing dust.
Phone: 1800 732 761
Post: Inland Rail, GPO Box 14, Sydney NSW 2001
October 21, 2021
Millmerran students try a trade
Twenty Millmerran students had the opportunity to try their hand at rail skills, electrical work and bricklaying at a skills development workshop held on 6 October 2021 at Millmerran State School.
October 20, 2021
ARTC to recommend station precinct modifications for Benalla Station
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has backed a modification of the Benalla station precinct through the Inland Rail project, in line with the necessary safety and technical requirements.
October 18, 2021
Improved mobile telecommunications in northwest has a nice ring to it
Residents of North West New South Wales will enjoy greater mobile phone coverage thanks to new and improved telecommunications infrastructure being delivered as part of the Narrabri to North Star section of Inland Rail.