Wangaratta Station precinct works
Between 1 and 22 December 2023, construction in and around the Wangaratta Station precinct will continue.
The work site will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this activity.
Work being done
McConnell Dowell will continue construction works in and around the Wangaratta Station precinct during December.
Works include the strengthening of the pile foundations for the pedestrian underpass ramp and stairs, and preparing the ground foundations for the new second station platform.
Water main relocation, boring and the installation of water pipelines will also occur.
Most of the works will be within or near the station precinct, with minimal impact to road users in the area.
What can I expect
- Approved vegetation removal within the project area
- Traffic management in and around Green Street, Cusack Street, Spearing Street and Norton Street, when required
- Ground excavations in various locations
- Trucks and other vehicles entering and exiting the work site
- Noise from construction machinery and equipment operating onsite
- Pedestrian access across the station via the Docker Street footbridge.
Heavy and light vehicles including:
- cranes loaders
How we’re managing impacts
- Traffic management will be in place to ensure safe access for all road users and pedestrians, where required
- Reducing vehicles required onsite
- Environmental controls will be in place
Phone: 1800 929 244
Visit: 48a Norton Street on Thursdays 10am–2pm
December 6, 2023
Important – Fire ant emergency order
In late November, the NSW Department of Primary Industries confirmed the detection of three red imported fire ant nests in South Murwillumbah in north-eastern New South Wales, 13km south of the Queensland border.
November 30, 2023
Site investigations at Daroobalgie
Between 4 and 22 December 2023, work crews will excavate test pits for future under rail bores and conduct potholing investigations to locate existing utility services.
- 04 December 2023 - 22 December 2023
- Within the existing rail corridor near Daroobalgie Road and Hoopers Road