Works and planning
The Helidon to Calvert section of Inland Rail will be built predominantly within the existing rail corridor and the Department of Transport and Main Roads’ Gowrie to Grandchester protected rail corridor. A study area has been identified to consider refinements.
Work is expected to include building:
- 47km of new dual gauge track
- an 850-metre long tunnel (approximately)
- 30 bridges, including:
- 26 rail bridges (with 12 rail bridge crossing roads and 1 grade separated rail bridge crossing rail)
- 3 road bridges crossing rail in Helidon and Gatton
- 1 grade separated pedestrian bridge crossing rail in Gatton
- crossing loops at Helidon, Gatton, Laidley and Calvert.
Watch a fly-through of the project
Get a birds-eye view of the Helidon to Calvert project. The fly-through is for illustration purposes and for discussion during community consultations.
To get a sense of what your community will look like after the project has been completed, check out our visualisations of the proposed design.
Visualisations are for illustrative purposes and not to scale
Warrego Highway, Grantham
Off Beavan Street, Gatton
Douglas McInness Drive, Laidley
Calvert School Road, Calvert
October 12, 2021
Helidon to Calvert project update October 2021
Last quarter was a busy one for our Helidon to Calvert project stakeholder engagement team – we held a total of 18 community drop-in information sessions.
October 12, 2021
Withcott students use Inland Rail sponsored iPads for STEM classes
Withcott State School students are honing their scientific research skills with iPads bought through the Inland Rail Community Sponsorships and Donations program.