Works and planning
The Helidon to Calvert section of Inland Rail will be built predominantly within the existing rail corridor and the Department of Transport and Main Roads’ Gowrie to Grandchester protected rail corridor. A study area has been identified to consider refinements.
Work is expected to include building:
- 47km of new dual gauge track
- an 850-metre long tunnel (approximately)
- 30 bridges, including:
- 26 rail bridges (with 12 rail bridge crossing roads and 1 grade separated rail bridge crossing rail)
- 3 road bridges crossing rail in Helidon and Gatton
- 1 grade separated pedestrian bridge crossing rail in Gatton
- crossing loops at Helidon, Gatton, Laidley and Calvert.
Watch a fly-through of the project
Get a birds-eye view of the Helidon to Calvert project. The fly-through is for illustration purposes and for discussion during community consultations.
To get a sense of what your community will look like after the project has been completed, check out our visualisations of the proposed design.
Visualisations are for illustrative purposes and not to scale
Warrego Highway, Grantham
Off Beavan Street, Gatton
Douglas McInness Drive, Laidley
Calvert School Road, Calvert
October 19, 2020
Keeping the conversation going at community events
Our project teams have been busy attending recent community events and market days in your area because we want you to be as informed possible about project progress.
October 19, 2020
Explore the Toowoomba tunnel with our interactive display
You can now explore the inner workings of the proposed Toowoomba Range tunnel in 3D using our interactive display.