Works and planning
Works in the Illabo to Stockinbingal project area will include constructing 39km of new rail track in the Junee and Cootamundra regions of New South Wales.
Some of the work completed so far includes:
- meeting and working with landowners, stakeholders and community members to get a clear understanding of local needs and opportunities
- hosting project information sessions for the local community and stakeholders
- collaborating with councils to better understand local issues such as flooding, roads and traffic movements
- completing preliminary field studies including flood, hydrology, ecology and geotechnical studies
- carrying out a Multi Criteria Analysis (MCA) to narrow down the study area from a two- kilometre-wide zone to a 200-400-metre-wide study area, called the Focused Area of Investigation (FAI)
- undertaking a value engineering exercise which seeks to improve value for money without unacceptably compromising service levels, environmental impacts, stakeholder or other impacts.
These activities are assisting us finalise the rail corridor design as we complete the reference design stage of this project.
Watch a fly-through of the project
Get a birds-eye view of the Illabo to Stockinbingal project, as of May 2021. The fly-through is for illustration purposes and for discussion during community consultations and subject to change.
To get a sense of what your community will look like after the project has been completed, check out our visualisations of the proposed design.
Visualisations are for illustrative purposes and not to scale.
Old Cootamundra Road
Old Sydney Road
Burley Griffin Way
October 14, 2021
Meet the team – Ivan Milicevic
Ivan Milicevic is the Senior Planner across all three projects in southern NSW managing the integrated schedule to support timely delivery of the works.
July 30, 2021
Meet the team – Joel Johnston
Joel Johnston recently joined the team as Social Performance Advisor for the three projects in southern NSW.