Works and planning
Works in the Illabo to Stockinbingal project area will include constructing 39km of new rail track in the Junee and Cootamundra regions of New South Wales.
Some of the work completed so far includes:
- meeting and working with landowners, stakeholders and community members to get a clear understanding of local needs and opportunities
- hosting project information sessions for the local community and stakeholders
- collaborating with councils to better understand local issues such as flooding, roads and traffic movements
- completing preliminary field studies including flood, hydrology, ecology and geotechnical studies
- carrying out a Multi Criteria Analysis (MCA) to narrow down the study area from a two- kilometre-wide zone to a 200-400-metre-wide study area, called the Focused Area of Investigation (FAI)
- undertaking a value engineering exercise which seeks to improve value for money without unacceptably compromising service levels, environmental impacts, stakeholder or other impacts.
These activities have assisted us to finalise the reference design stage of this project.
Watch a fly-through of the project
Get a birds-eye view of the Illabo to Stockinbingal project, as of May 2021. The fly-through is for illustration purposes and for discussion during community consultations and subject to change.
To get a sense of what your community will look like after the project has been completed, check out our visualisations of the proposed design.
Visualisations are for illustrative purposes and not to scale.
Old Cootamundra Road
Old Sydney Road
Burley Griffin Way
March 22, 2022
Inland Rail supports local model train show
You may have heard about, or even travelled along it, and now enthusiasts can inspect the Bethungra Spiral in all its miniature glory at a model train show to be held in Stockinbingal on June 18-19.
March 22, 2022
Illabo to Stockinbingal project update March 2022
The project team is working to finalise the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), as well as continue property discussions with individual landowners along the alignment.