Works and planning
Works in the Illabo to Stockinbingal project area will include constructing 39km of new rail track in the Junee and Cootamundra regions of New South Wales.
Some of the work completed so far includes:
- meeting and working with landowners, stakeholders and community members to get a clear understanding of local needs and opportunities
- hosting project information sessions for the local community and stakeholders
- collaborating with councils to better understand local issues such as flooding, roads and traffic movements
- completing preliminary field studies including flood, hydrology, ecology and geotechnical studies
- carrying out a Multi Criteria Analysis (MCA) to narrow down the study area from a two- kilometre-wide zone to a 200-400-metre-wide study area, called the Focused Area of Investigation (FAI)
- undertaking a value engineering exercise which seeks to improve value for money without unacceptably compromising service levels, environmental impacts, stakeholder or other impacts.
These activities have assisted us to finalise the reference design stage of this project and undertake an environmental impact assessment.
The Environmental Impact Statement public exhibition concluded on 26 October 2022.
Watch a fly-through of the project
Get a birds-eye view of the Illabo to Stockinbingal project, as of May 2021. The fly-through is for illustration purposes and for discussion during community consultations and subject to change.
To get a sense of what your community will look like after the project has been completed, check out our visualisations of the proposed design.
Visualisations are for illustrative purposes and not to scale.
Old Cootamundra Road
Old Sydney Road
Burley Griffin Way
August 3, 2023
Responding to your noise and project delivery feedback
Your feedback from our latest May to June community survey indicated communities are keen to know more about how we will manage noise during the operation of Inland Rail, as well as construction timing for each section.
December 9, 2022
Illabo to Stockinbingal project’s ICN Gateway site open to local suppliers
A new site on the ICN Gateway online supplier registration platform for the Illabo to Stockinbingal project is now open to local suppliers to express interest in available work packages.