Works and planning for Phase 1: Narrabri North to North Star
Phase 1 includes upgrading 171km of track between Narrabri North and North Star.
Trans4m Rail, a joint venture between contractors John Holland and SEE Civil, was announced in November 2020 as the principal contractor for Phase 1 works.
Works in Phase 1 include:
- constructing five new crossing loops with associated maintenance sidings
- installing 220 rail culverts, 98 road culverts and additional irrigation crossings
- upgrading, relocating or consolidating almost 80 level crossings and five pedestrian crossings
- relocating power and telecommunications utilities
- modifying Moree Station and minor works at Bellata Station.
Watch a fly-through of the project
Get a birds-eye view of the Narrabri to North Star project. This video shows the alignment as of November 2020. The fly-through video is for illustration purposes and for discussion and community consultation.
May 26, 2022
Narrabri to North Star Phase 1 construction update May 2022
Track strip in stage 1 of the project is nearing completion. Major earthworks north of Camurra through to North Star are practically complete, allowing the team to install the new track.
May 26, 2022
A big clap for Moree SAP!
In 2019, the NSW Government announced Moree as a location for a Special Activation Precinct and in March this year the Moree precinct master plan was finalised and $194M of funding confirmed.
May 17, 2022
Inland Rail boosts mobile phone coverage in Northern NSW
‘Can you hear me?’. It’s a familiar call amongst communities along the Narrabri to North Star section of the Inland Rail alignment, but one that will soon be met with a resounding ‘Yes I can!’ as mobile coverage in the area is improved.