As part of the Tottenham to Albury project, work will be undertaken along the existing rail corridor through Mitchell Shire and North East Victoria.
There are seven sites in the Mitchell Shire that require increased height and width clearances to safely accommodate the double-stacked trains that will be using this line:
- Broadford-Wandong Road bridge, Wandong
- Hamilton Street bridge, Broadford
- Short Street bridge, Broadford
- Marchbanks Road bridge, Broadford
- Hume Highway bridge, Tallarook
- Seymour-Avenel Road bridge, Seymour
- Hume Highway bridge, Seymour
Planning and approvals are now underway.
North East Victoria
There are five sites in North East Victoria that require rail track to be lowered or bridges to be raised to allow safe clearance for the double-stacked trains that will be using this line:
- Anderson Street Bridge, Euroa
- Benalla Station Approach Road, Benalla
- Beaconsfield Parade Bridge, Glenrowan
- Wangaratta Station, Wangaratta
- Murray Valley Highway, Barnawartha North
Work on this section is now underway.
October 20, 2021
ARTC to recommend station precinct modifications for Benalla Station
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has backed a modification of the Benalla station precinct through the Inland Rail project, in line with the necessary safety and technical requirements.
October 8, 2021
Local insights flow in for Benalla and Euroa designs
We have received a steady stream of feedback since visualisations of our draft Inland Rail design options for Anderson Street bridge in Euroa and the Benalla Station Precinct were released on 22 September 2021.