As part of the Tottenham to Albury project, work will be undertaken along the existing rail corridor through Mitchell Shire and North East Victoria.
There are seven sites in the Mitchell Shire that require increased height and width clearances to safely accommodate the double-stacked trains that will be using this line:
- Broadford-Wandong Road bridge, Wandong
- Hamilton Street bridge, Broadford
- Short Street bridge, Broadford
- Marchbanks Road bridge, Broadford
- Hume Highway bridge, Tallarook
- Seymour-Avenel Road bridge, Seymour
- Hume Highway bridge, Seymour
Planning and approvals are now underway.
North East Victoria
There are five sites in North East Victoria that require rail track to be lowered or bridges to be raised to allow safe clearance for the double-stacked trains that will be using this line:
- Anderson Street Bridge, Euroa
- Benalla Station Approach Road, Benalla
- Beaconsfield Parade Bridge, Glenrowan
- Wangaratta Station, Wangaratta
- Murray Valley Highway, Barnawartha North
Work on this section is now underway.
November 23, 2020
Robotics kit gives students a leg-up in STEM
Wangaratta region primary school students are boosting their hi-tech learning skills with a new Sphero Robotics kit thanks to grant funding from Inland Rail’s Community Sponsorships and Donations program.
November 19, 2020
November 2020 project update for Tottenham to Albury
At ARTC, we’re working in communities across Victoria to deliver two essential rail projects to improve freight and passenger services along the North East rail line.
November 11, 2020
Track realignment poised to become a reality for Inland Rail in Euroa
A track realignment looks set to become a reality for the Inland Rail project at Euroa Station, following the constructive engagement process between Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) and the Euroa Working Group.