The new Chair, the Honourable Gary Hardgrave, attended along with eight of the 14 local Committee members. The meeting was also observed online by more than 80 people.
The main purpose of the meeting was to provide a project update including:
- advice that the outcome of the request to the Coordinator-General on the project approval pathway was still pending.
- an update on the engineering investigations underway including a topographical survey, geotechnical studies, flood studies, utilities investigations and constructability assessment
- a presentation on the environmental investigations underway, including noise and vibration, ecology and air quality
- an update on communication and community engagement activities undertaken earlier this year
- information on the upcoming Committee membership renewal. Nominations will be called for in October 2020 and advertised via email, local newspaper ads and the Inland Rail website
- an overview of the Gowrie to Kagaru Public Private Partnership project.
Detailed meeting minutes can be found here.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 30 November 2020 with details available closer to the date. Visit our website for the latest information.
January 22, 2021
Southern Darling Downs CCC meeting agenda 28 January 2021
Meeting agenda for the Southern Darling Downs Community Consultative Committee meeting scheduled for 28 January 2021.
January 22, 2021
Inland Rail upskilling workshops a success
We’re committed to playing our part in upskilling regional communities and ensuring people are given the opportunity to help build Inland Rail. Late last year, the Inland Rail Skills Academy hosted eight business capability workshops between Beaudesert and Goondiwindi to help local businesses get ‘construction ready’.