Our contractor, Trans4m Rail took possession of the track between North Narrabri and Tapscott Road, Moree on April 1. After almost one month more than 60 kilometres of old track between North Narrabri and Penney’s Road, Bellata has been removed. The team’s focus is now on constructing the new foundation and drainage installation.
Upcoming works in May 2022
North Narrabri to Penney’s Road
- replacing existing sleepers and track with concrete sleepers and new steel tracks
- earthworks and lime stabilisation
- rail bridge demolition and replacement
- replacing and upgrading drainage (including culverts) and level crossings
Penney’s Road to South Moree
- major track construction, including replacing existing sleepers and track with concrete sleepers and new steel tracks between Gurley and Tycannah Creeks
- earthworks and lime stabilisation between Gurley and Tycannah Creeks
- replacing and upgrading drainage (including culverts)
- construction of Waterloo and Tycannah passing loops and Tycannah siding
- upgrading the Gurley Settlers Road level crossing
- upgrading signalling and communications equipment at Penneys Road, Waterloo Creek and Tycannah
- upgrading signalling and communications equipment
- construction of access gates and temporary access roads
- installing signage, fencing and utilities services within the rail corridor
- ongoing installation of fencing and landscaping
North Camurra to North Star
- replacing and upgrading drainage (including culverts) between Boonery Park Road and IB Bore Road
- replacing level crossings between Calimpa Road and IB Bore Road
- track construction including installing sleepers, rail and ballast between Gil Gil Creek Road and IB Bore Roadinstalling capping and bottom ballast between Tumba Road and IB Bore Road.
Ballast regulator arrives
Earlier this month, Trans4m Rail took delivery of a ballast regulator. The 22 tonne machine was craned onto the track and within one hour commenced works shaping and distributing the ballast.
Also known as a ballast spreader or sweeper, this rail-mounted machine shapes and distributes the ballast to ensure the railway track is supported.
Ballast regulators are versatile machines and can also be used on the railroad for ploughing snow, removing vegetation and digging ditches.
IMAGE: Area near Murrumbilla Lane where the track has been stripped
May 26, 2022
Narrabri to North Star Phase 1 construction update May 2022
Track strip in stage 1 of the project is nearing completion. Major earthworks north of Camurra through to North Star are practically complete, allowing the team to install the new track.
May 26, 2022
A big clap for Moree SAP!
In 2019, the NSW Government announced Moree as a location for a Special Activation Precinct and in March this year the Moree precinct master plan was finalised and $194M of funding confirmed.