Our work in this section of Inland Rail includes upgrading 262km of existing rail track between Beveridge, north of Melbourne, and the Victoria-NSW border at Albury-Wodonga.
Work is now underway
Work will be completed at 12 sites along the North East rail line and delivered in two parts, called ‘tranches’.
- four sites
- modifications to tracks, utilities and signal gantries
- construction by McConnell Dowell
To get involved in Tranche 1 head to ICN Gateway to register your interest.
- eight sites
- progressing reference design
Modifying existing structures to support transport of double-stacked freight trains
Beveridge to Albury Tranche 1
Beveridge to Albury Tranche 2
From North to South, the Beveridge to Albury project will follow the existing rail corridor running close to the Hume Freeway from the Murray River at Wodonga to Beveridge, about 40km north of Melbourne.
We have developed an interactive map of the current project design. Drop a pin on the map to add your comment. Your feedback will help us get a better understanding of key issues from a community perspective.
We will be upgrading the existing rail corridor through Mitchell Shire.
There are seven sites in the Mitchell Shire that need increased height and width clearances to allow double-stacked trains to use the line:
- Broadford-Wandong Road bridge, Wandong
- Hamilton Street bridge, Broadford
- Short Street bridge, Broadford
- Marchbanks Road bridge, Broadford
- Hume Freeway bridge, Tallarook
- Seymour-Avenel Road bridge, Seymour
- Hume Freeway bridge, Seymour
North East Victoria
We will be upgrading the existing rail corridor through North East Victoria.
There are five sites in North East Victoria that need increased height and width clearances to allow double-stacked trains to use the line:
- Euroa Station Precinct, Euroa
- Benalla Station Precinct, Benalla
- Beaconsfield Parade bridge, Glenrowan
- Wangaratta Station, Wangaratta
- Murray Valley Highway, Barnawartha North
December 1, 2023
Inland Rail work to close Seymour-Avenel Road bridge
The Seymour-Avenel Road bridge over the north-east railway line north of Seymour will close in January for up to 12 months for Inland Rail construction work.
November 20, 2023
Sharing Wandong design, here’s what we heard
During August and September we shared the Wandong Reference Design with community, listened to feedback and answered your questions.