We will be upgrading the existing rail corridor through Mitchell Shire and North East Victoria as part of the Beveridge to Albury project.
We will be upgrading the existing rail corridor through Mitchell Shire.
There are seven sites in the Mitchell Shire that need increased height and width clearances to allow double-stacked trains to use the line:
- Broadford-Wandong Road bridge, Wandong
- Hamilton Street bridge, Broadford
- Short Street bridge, Broadford
- Marchbanks Road bridge, Broadford
- Hume Freeway bridge, Tallarook
- Seymour-Avenel Road bridge, Seymour
- Hume Freeway bridge, Seymour
North East Victoria
We will be upgrading the existing rail corridor through North East Victoria.
There are five sites in North East Victoria that need increased height and width clearances to allow double-stacked trains to use the line:
- Euroa Station Precinct, Euroa
- Benalla Station Precinct, Benalla
- Beaconsfield Parade bridge, Glenrowan
- Wangaratta Station, Wangaratta
- Murray Valley Highway, Barnawartha North
December 1, 2023
Inland Rail work to close Seymour-Avenel Road bridge
The Seymour-Avenel Road bridge over the north-east railway line north of Seymour will close in January for up to 12 months for Inland Rail construction work.
November 20, 2023
Sharing Wandong design, here’s what we heard
During August and September we shared the Wandong Reference Design with community, listened to feedback and answered your questions.