Work on Civil work package. Perform all aspects of the contract administration. develop strong relationship with delivery teams. Gain client exposure.
Inland Rail Program is entering delivery phase. Join the Commercial team as a Contract Administrator.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the Position
With segments of the Inland Rail project moving into detailed design and construction, our commercial team is working on delivering three large and strategic Civil Works Programs comprising a total of 570 kilometres of civil works up to top of capping/underside of rail ballast located across New South Wales and Queensland. The Civil Works Programs will be delivered under a collaborative framework agreement with each Civil Works Program comprising four D&C incentivised target cost packages.
Inland Rail’s commercial team has a new opportunity for an ambitious Contracts Administrator to join its close-knit team. This role will support the Lead Commercial performing all aspects of contract administration, including assisting with budgets, administering contract payments and variations and preparing contract correspondence. This includes assisting the Lead Commercial and the Project Delivery Team with any contractual issues arising from the delivery of the project.
Reporting to the Commercial Lead, your key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing efficient and effective contract administration, including progress claim verification and certification in line with contractual and legislative requirements;
- Accurately preparing and recording contract documentation in a timely manner, ensuring it is commercially acceptable and is in accordance with approved ARTC policy and procedures.
- Supporting with all contractual interfaces both internally and externally.
- Monitoring contracts and contractors to ensure they meet and respond to relevant contractual requirements;
- Processing progress claims, variations and all contract matters in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Liaising with legal counsel where required, providing assistance in collating records as needed.
- Assisting in risk and opportunity reviews and development of risk mitigation processes.
- Administering the receipt, storage and release of contract securities, insurance certificates and other applicable levies in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Assisting with monthly reports, both internal and external, including financial reports and monitoring of performance against contractual KPIs.
- Preparing and distributing notices of meetings, meeting agendas and meeting minutes in accordance with contractual timeframes and requirements.
- Actively participating in all project interactions and positively undertaking ad hoc project requirements as requested.
- Complying with ARTC’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
This strategic role will join a highly collaborative commercial team where peers are working together, best practices are shared and strong integration with delivery teams is fostered.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience on major infrastructure projects in contract management, with a sound knowledge of civil construction.
- An understanding of contract law with experience in administering construction agreements in a large business environment.
- Demonstrated effective analytical, strategic and planning skills.
- Experience with contracts and finance systems with relevant process flows.
- Experience or exposure with early works civil construction design packages and knowledge of construction contracts.
- Extensive experience in managing contractors and suppliers against performance criteria;
- Ability to work as part of a team, to work under pressure, with demonstrated resilience in conflict situations, meeting deadlines and providing additional support within the team when required.
- Clear and concise oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of company personnel, contractor representatives and other third parties.
- A sound understanding of the obligations of the relevant state Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
- A clear understanding of ethical practices and probity within a large organisation.
- Developed skills in negotiation, influencing and problem solving.
- A high level of proficiency in utilising Microsoft Office products.
- Tertiary qualifications in fields such as business, commerce, law, engineering or related discipline or relevant experience.
- Experience in the rail industry.
- Experience in using CI Financials (TechnologyOne), PRISM.
- Experience in using Document Management Systems (Aconex).
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and proud to have over 40% female representation
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states; we embrace a flexible working environment across the business.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program | Civil Works
- Permanent Role
Date posted: November 24, 2021