Responsible for implementing an overall indigenous engagement program, as well as project specific engagement plans.
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au
The ARTC Inland Rail Project is currently seeking an Indigenous Participation Advisor based out of Brisbane or regional NSW to join the Social Licence team on a two (2) year Maximum contract.
The inherent nature of this position will require you to hold a current driver’s licence and a willingness to travel and be on site for up to 1 week at a time.
About the Position
The Program Indigenous Participation Advisor (NSW) is responsible for implementing an overall indigenous engagement program, as well as project specific engagement plans. In conjunction the position will provide assistance with interface between contract requirements, engagement, training, skills and procurement to deliver the Indigenous Participation Model.
The position with provide coordination across government agencies, service providers and industry stakeholders to further the goal of achieving positive outcomes.
To ensure success in this position, candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and State program, policies, legislation, regulation and guidelines in relation to Indigenous Participation.
- Consultation and stakeholder management skills including the ability to liaise with and foster effective working relationships.
- Experience in planning for and delivering indigenous participation outcomes on major Australian infrastructure projects.
- Experience in facilitation, negotiation and conflict management skills for the management of cross-cultural issues.
- A high level of personal organisation, written communication skills and project management skills working in either an autonomous or team environment.
- Current driver’s licence and a willingness to travel and be on site for extended periods of time (1 week+).
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment to any position will be subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
Please click 'Apply Now' and express your interest
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: April 7, 2021