Critical role available with Inland Rail. Information Analyst who will develop analysis and modelling of critical data.
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of; viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
The primary objective of the Inland Rail ICT Information Analyst is to act as the conduit between business, technical teams, vendor and various stakeholders by reviewing, extracting and interrogating information and data on system processes and procedures.
The role is responsible for working with project managers, technical resources, vendor and business stakeholders to apply Inland Rail’s Information Management framework and enable compliant, best practice management of Inland Rail’s information assets.
Reporting to the IR Head of ICT and partnering with the wider project services team, key duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Establish trusted relationship with Inland Rail internal and external stakeholders to interrogate design, implement and review best practice in information governance for the Inland Rail Program;
- Use critical thinking to collect, calculate, check, analyse and model, data from various data sources in order to devise solutions, design systems, and implement information processes;
- Develop and maintain information taxonomies through stakeholder engagement, consultation and workshops;
- Work closely with the Information Manager to assist in the development and maintenance of Information Management policies, protocols, guidelines, specifications, processes, procedures, work instructions and templates;
- Analyse, define and document, data requirements and information flows between people, process and technology;
- Document and analyse data structures, data models, data definitions, data transformations and data migration requirements;
- Actively engage with various teams to maintain data integrity and quality, educate about system use, identify data migration requirements, and investigate documentations to identify data requirements;
- Maintain the Inland Rail data catalogue/ data dictionary; and,
- Actively contribute to the development of a safe and fit for purpose information and data management system through the facilitation of requirement gathering and lessons learned workshops.
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role working in a demanding professional environment with proven capacity to priorities, multi-task, achieve unit goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
Other areas of expertise include;
- Demonstrated experience using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) or like describe information flows between people, processes and technologies;
- Knowledge of the standards, best practice and legislation affecting information and records management with the experience developing classification schemes, taxonomies and metadata management;
- Experience in facilitating workshops, presenting complex data sets in a simple and usable manner to a senior leadership audience;
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, analytical software and database platforms;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical writing skills;
- Self-motivated, conscientious and adaptable with excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Previous experience working on large complex multidisciplinary projects is highly beneficial;
- Infrastructure Program experience is desirable
- DMBOK, experience using Microsoft Azure and Power BI and a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information management computer science or engineering are highly desirable.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications may be considered and progressed prior to a closing date.
- Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 24 Month Fixed-term Contract
Date posted: November 22, 2020